Dell Latitude E6320 Thread

Antony

Oke its working now, I am a totally noob i am writing tutorials for installing OSX86 and mention before installing to load the bios to defaults like you said Jake Lo and what do i do i never reset the bios of my laptop before i began with installation. 

The reset of the bios did it all everything is working only sound isn't working yet but even my bluetooth is working great.

I have also bought a wireless nano usb device the TL-WN725 V2 and have managed to install it with the kext from OSX86.net the TL-WN725N_v2_USB_MacOS10.8

Now working to get the sound working thats the only device that isn't working yet. I will keep your guys in touch.

Thks Jake Lo to Think Different and help me out with it :)

Oke sound is now also working so i have now a fully working E6320 thanks to all of you :), i think i will write for this also a tutorial.

New issue after installing everything on a new HDD i have my sound not working anymore when i boot from my USB Stick with my latest extra folder sound works but when booting normal sound doesn't work :S 

Oke Finally after 4 days of hard work and lots of help from you guys i have managed to make maverick work on my Dell E6320 i5. Today i reinstalled my laptop to see if i can managed to install it fast with the files i have found the last 4 days and it works :) .

@Jake Lo thks again for helping me out and for giving me the best tip ever "Reset the Bios to defaults " :)

I have also managed to get sound working again after a reinstall of my E6320.
I have attached my Extra folder and the AppleHDA.kext which make sound works.  Install the kext with kext utility and reboot, sound is then working.

For my Dell E6320 i use the following extra hardware:

Apple Bluetooth Keyboard (only at home)

Apple Magic Mouse

Apple Magic Trackpad (only at home)

TP-Link Wireless Nano Adapter

After installing and updating the OS i have make use of MyHack to make everything work.

Again thks guys for helping me out now i will go further to install the software i need to work.

Last thing i wanna do is making the VGA work so i can use my laptop for a beamer or monitor. (Which files can i use for that)

Thanks
Simon

AppleHDA_E6320.zip

Extra.zip

• Moderators

Oke Finally after 4 days of hard work and lots of help from you guys i have managed to make maverick work on my Dell E6320 i5. Today i reinstalled my laptop to see if i can managed to install it fast with the files i have found the last 4 days and it works :) .

@Jake Lo thks again for helping me out and for giving me the best tip ever "Reset the Bios to defaults " :)

I have also managed to get sound working again after a reinstall of my E6320.

I have attached my Extra folder and the AppleHDA.kext which make sound works.  Install the kext with kext utility and reboot, sound is then working.

For my Dell E6320 i use the following extra hardware:

Apple Bluetooth Keyboard (only at home)

Apple Magic Mouse

TP-Link Wireless Nano Adapter

I haven't make use of Myhack because that gave me errors so i haven't installed and you don't need it anyway.

Again thks guys for helping me out now i will go further to install the software i need to work.

Last thing i wanna do is making the VGA work so i can use my laptop for a beamer or monitor. (Which files can i use for that)

Thanks

Simon

Glad you got everything sorted out. A guide for this model will be nice.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1969-guide-for-enabling-vga-and-hdmi-in-intel-hd3000-gpu/

Hello Again

I have done again a full install with the boot pack of Jake Lo and it went without problems till i have installed update 10.9.2.
After the update i haven't sound anymore maybe i need a patched AppleHDA.kext, the one i have in my extra - extensions directory doesn't work anymore i think.
I did not make use of voodooHDA.kext from Adrian but when i use his VoodooHDA.kext and run myHack sound is working but i can't adjust the volume.

Must i wait for a fixed AppleHDA or has someone already the solution for 10.9.2

***UPDATE 27-2-2014***

I have sound working now i have deleted the AppleHDA.kext from E/E

I now make use of the VoodooHDA.kext from Adriandb but i have modified the info.plist for volume adjust and mute, i have set the values on true. Now volume is working how it should be.

I have attached the modified kext.

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

***UPDATE 27-2-2014***

I have sound working now i have deleted the AppleHDA.kext from E/E

I now make use of the VoodooHDA.kext from Adriandb but i have modified the info.plist for volume adjust and mute, i have set the values on true. Now volume is working how it should be.

I have attached the modified kext.

Rock on! This works great for me. Thank you.

Rock on! This works great for me. Thank you.

Thanks to hear.

I have done again a new install to sort things out and came to the conclusion that you need the AppleHDA.kext during install , but you need also the VooDooHDA.kext which i have posted to make sound work. So i have now both files in my E/E folder.

• Moderators

Thanks to hear.

I have done again a new install to sort things out and came to the conclusion that you need the AppleHDA.kext during install , but you need also the VooDooHDA.kext which i have posted to make sound work. So i have now both files in my E/E folder.

You can get latest version of AppleHDA here. No need for voodooHDA.

You can get latest version of AppleHDA here. No need for voodooHDA.

I will give it a try. Thks Jake Lo

UPDATE: AppleHDA now works without the VoodooHDA, i have also installed the VoodooSDHC and sleep is still working. 

One question does the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext still work for VGA and HDMI Audio or is it not stable. 

• Moderators

I will give it a try. Thks Jake Lo

UPDATE: AppleHDA now works without the VoodooHDA, i have also installed the VoodooSDHC and sleep is still working. 

One question does the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext still work for VGA and HDMI Audio or is it not stable. 

I get some artifacts every now and then on my E6420, but vga and HDMI works pretty good. Haven't use voodooSDHC for awhile. Any issue with after waking up from sleep?