Inspiron 5559: Big Sur EFI for download

elBuey

Hello guys,

With valuable help from Jake Lo I've been able to Hackintosh my Dell Latitude E7270. Now that my wife has seen it, she asked me to please Hackintosh her Dell Inspiron 5559.

Has anybody succeeded with Big Sur for a Dell Inspiron 5559? I would much appreciate a link for downloading the complete EFI folder that made it possible.

Here are the main hardware specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 6500U @ 2.50 GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 520

AMD Radeon R5 M335 (I've read this one is not supported and should be disabled)

Network: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

Intel Bluetooth
Audio: Realtek (Guess ID=11)
HID compatible mouse

PS/2 compatible Mouse

PS/2 Std keyboard

Thanks in advance,

Valentín.

Thank you very much, Jake!

I put that EFI folder in the USB root and booted to a menu which only offered me the option to boot to Windows, which is installed on the PC I’m trying to hackintosh.

I also created on the USB root the folder com.apple.......... and put the files for Big Sur online installation in it.

Would you please instruct me how to get that option to appear in the menu?

• Administrators

You have to properly create your Big Sur installer with the usual createinstallmedia command. Process is explained on Apple's web site and in most of our published guides so look it up. OC will then offer you the option to boot this Big Sur installer. You can't just copy the macOS installation package on the USB key, that will do absolutely nothing.

Thank you very much, Jake... I modified the config.plist you sent me in order to enable boot from the recovery image on the USB.
It took quite some time since it spent some seconds in a couple of lines, but it ended up stuck in this kind of infinite loop in which every 2 or 3 seconds, new lines were aded, always identical to the previous group of lines (from "itlwm: end passive scan" to "ieee80211_set_link_state nstate=2 old_state=2)
Any ideas on how to fix this?

image.thumb.png.094996d94102ec817bed05e60a9f05b6.png

I was finally able to boot into the offline installation. But when I try to delete the current Windows partition on the HDD, It is not shown (even if I click on View - Show all devices).
Is it possible that the hard disk drive is not compatible? My laptop counts on a 1 Tb non-SSD Hard Drive model WDC WD10JPVX-75JC3T0.

Yes, AHCI mode is enabled, sill no luck. It takes between 15 and 20 minutes to boot (some lines get stuck for a couple of minutes) and when the recovery mode options appear, Disk Utility does not show the hard drive on my PC. I will try with a different drive currently installed in another computer.
What worries me the most is the boot time... even if I got a hard drive to get viewable and installed Big Sur in it, will it always take so long to boot? If so, I guess I will have to learn to love Windows...