[solved] Latitude 5400: LCD brightness, DP and HDMI not working

ryuu_nami

@Jake Lo

I can adjust it manually. But shouldn't  it adjust the brightness according to ambient light? 

I include ioreg in attachment with hdmi cable attached. In hackintool, when i connect hdmi cable the row under connectors doesn't light up. So i just don't know how i can

change my config.plist to get it to work. my current config also attached.

hdmi and type c DP are not working. Will you also help me with that.

liubo’s MacBook Pro.zip config.plist.zip

@Jake Lo I've tried every combination under platform id =0900A53E and device id = A53E0000 according to genral frambuffer guide. None of them worked.

I am wondering if i am using the correct platform id? Do you have a working combination for latitude 5400 that is proved to work? Any ideas?

@Jake Lo I noticed that you've change my model to macbook pro 15,4. Did you change something else except the model?

It does work. But there are flaws. HDMI and DP only work when hot-pluged. It doesn't work when cold-pluged.  It seems that HDMI and dp port don't recognized

my display properly. I have a philps and a lg diskplay. Both of them are 4k display. But the port recognized my philps display as a 1920X2160 display(lg as 2560X1440). It's really weired. 

Although I can manaully overide the setting and change to other display mode. But Both of my display can only use 2k(2560X1440). I've attached screenshots to show what i mean. Does it limited by my hardware or i can change some settings to get 4k work. Both my display are working as a 4k monitor under windows. Any ideas?

Thank you!

IMG_6607.jpg

IMG_6609.jpg

@Jake Lo 

I upgrade my opencore to 0.68 , add a gui to boot screen and cope with cursor jumping problems. I also change my smbios info. So I've done a lot of changes to my config.plist. I did a "diff" on your config.plist and mine and found out that you've change the video memory to 2048 and add a "-cdfon" to the boot argu. I modifed my config.plist accordingly and it doesn't work.  ONLY 2k no 4k. I attached my current config.plist file. If you want to make some changes, please modifed this version. So I don't need to redo all the modification I've done. Thank you. 

config.plist.zip

@Jake Lo 

Do i have to modify my bios in order to do that?

I searched for that in google. I found that someone is using set_var to modify bios.

But i can't find the exact command to modify latitude 5400 dvmt.

Do you know where I can find that command?

Somebody said that modifying bios is risky. It can render the laptop unusable. Is that true?