Precision M6800: loss of brightness control after Big Sur update to 11.3

draskostar

• Administrators

Ok about the nVidia dGPU.

Re: brightness control:

1. Yes, SSDT-PNLF table from Dortania's OpenCore site
  2. Yes, keep the GFX0 to IGPU renaming in your OC config (it appears to be in place already)
  3. Yes, replace any PNLF table in ACPI folder by the one obtained from Dortania's site; if you open it up with maciASL, it should refer to GFX0, not IGPU.

I used latest *.plist file from 0C068 release folder. I then compare it with previous config file (used with OC 064) and  copy all settings found in that previous config to new one. After that I restart pc and reset nvram. I checked for version also via terminal and found out that OC068 is present. Everything else is working (wifi, audio, usb, bluetooth,...)

It looks like I will have to downgrade to 11.2.3 because I can't figure it out. Like suggested I have SSDT-PNLF in ACPI folder and in settings I have enabled rename GFX0 to IGPU but no go😢 I tried also with Rehab's kext but always with same result.

What is strange for me is that same settings and ACPI folder from 11.2.3 not work with 11.3...

I found a root cause but I actually don't like it🤪 For brightness control to be back in working condition I had to disable dgpu (in my case quadro k4100m). I used simple boot arg (-wegnoegpu) found on Opencore site and it was enough to fix brightness control. 

Does anyone know how to make Nvidia and brightness control available at the same time?

I am asking that because on 11.2.3 this was possible... 

Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 21.24.26.png