E6430: experiencing trouble with Big Sur installer

truceFR

@Jake Lo, @Hervé

Hi, please after big sur download am facing an error when trying to create a bootable mac os x big sur drive. I have downloaded different big sur dmg (2) but i have the same error.

1. i used balena etcher on windows to create bootable then copied my efi folder, my laptop recognise it but no installer found on the bootloader.

2. used transmac to restore image but still wont recognised the installer on the drive only bootloader menu with no installer. 

3 . i installed mac mojave and use the command to create the bootable drive but am facing an error which i don't know if my dmg files are corrupted or i need to install something to make it work.

this is the command to create bootable i suppose

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled

and this is my error

temp$ sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled
Password:
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/IAESD.framework/Versions/A/IAESD
  Referenced from: /Applications/Install macOS Big Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Applications/Install macOS Big Sur.app/Contents/Resources/../Frameworks/IAESD.framework/Versions/A/IAESD: stat() failed with errno=20
	/Applications/Install macOS Big Sur.app/Contents/Resources/../Frameworks/IAESD.framework/Versions/A/IAESD: stat() failed with errno=20
Abort trap: 6
Temps-MacBook-Pro:~ temp$ sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/IAESD.framework/Versions/A/IAESD
  Referenced from: /Applications/Install macOS Big Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
Abort trap: 6

Attached

Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 9.16.53 AM.png

i did a few googling and i found out that this path is missing in the installer "Contents> Frameworks> IAESDFramework> Versions> A> IAESD", only contain "Contents> Frameworks> IAESDFramework"

So i guess no fix and i have to re-download again.

Please anyone with a known working big sur dmg should help me out. thanks.

@Jake Lo @Hervé

Thank you, Olarila's big sur worked.

I have some few issues or maybe some questions.

After installation

1. My wireless is not working or perhaps not supported but bluetooth works perfectly (Broadcom BCM94313HMGB). Please is there a fix?

2. My touchpad kinda works but hardly, sometimes needs to touch it hard before responding and after few movement it stops. Something like not sensitive enough i guess and i try looking at settings maybe i could find something relating to sensitivity but nothing so i guess it is kext problem.

3. (Not all that important to me) Some of my apps overlaps the dock and its not resizable, is it a kext problem or apps problem? below is an attached screenshot.

Thank you once again for your assistance.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 6.01.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 6.02.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.04.58 AM.png

• Administrators

Lost cause for BCM4313 afaik; years ago, we posted in the Wireless section that these BCM431x had been abandoned with no workaround. You'll have to replace yours.

TouchPad should work perfectly with Dr Hurt's VoodooPS2Controller R6; it's available in the dedicated thread in the relevant R&D section. Use the version labeled "compiled by Bronxteck". It's also available in all recent guides I posted for the E6230.

Re: the overlap behind the Dock that you mentioned, I had never noticed it but just did on me E6230 (1366x768). Nothing to worry about and not much you can do about it; it's just that the Apple Macs do not have screens with such low resolution and macOS does not cater for LoRes Hackintoshes. ;) It's not a bug for sure and nothing driven by kexts. You could always try and see if something can be done through the Accessibility PrefPane, if possible at all.

• Thanks 1

@Hervé

thanks for clarification on my Broadcom card, i have 2 intel alternative which is quite supported when i checked openintelwireless website.

Please can you give me a link or search word to easily locate the version of voodooPS2controller you were referring? The EFI @Jake Lo made for me already contained the version of Dr Hurt's VoodooPS2Controller (see attachment) but not "compiled by Bronxteck". I went to several thread made by Bronxteck but couldn't locate it and also your E6230 thread.

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 7.35.38 AM.png

@Jake Lo @Hervé

i tried the Dr. Hurt's Bronxteck compiled v6 from both link (they the same), guess what? it worked :) but with a strange or maybe not discriminations.

Cursor won't move when i use my finger tips to control but moves when i use my "finger palm" or moves when my finger is horizontally positioned on the touchpad (how does the touchpad even knows which side of finger is controlling it?)

Another weird or maybe not thing is, "two finger" gesture or tap does NOT discriminates. It works correctly no matter which side of the finger is controlling the touchpad.

I tried going through accessibility maybe it could be some settings but nothing of such is in there.

I mean of course i can manage and adapt to the "will" of the touchpad :) if there's no fix.

Thank you.

• Moderators

You can make changes to the info.plist in the Voodoops2controller plugin voodoops2trackpad but you'll have to figure out what those settings are. FingerZ is one that you could adjust for sensitivity I believe.