E6430: experiencing trouble with Big Sur installer

truceFR

• Administrators

@truceFR the behaviour of the Touchpad as you described it seems pretty normal to me: yes you use the "palm" or "face" of your fingers to move the cursor, not the tip. I must admit that don't know any TouchPad that would work like that. I had never even thought or considered doing it but I can too confirm that 2-finger scrolling appears to work when using the tip of the fingers; it's a very unusual way to use a TouchPad and certainly feels very weird and awkward to me. I certainly could not get mouse control or tap-to-click working when using the tip of my finger but, again, that felt really weird...

As for the Touchpad sensitivity, it's indeed adjustable through the FingerZ parameter of the kext's Info.plist file.

Dr Hurt's kext is fully compatible with the TouchPad PrefPane so there are things you can control from there. Same from the accessibility PrefPane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jake Lo said:

I'm talking about the actual kext

VoodooPS2Controller-R6Bronxteck/Contents/Plugins/VoodooPS2Trackpad/Contents/info.plist

Under IOKitPersonalities

i was able to locate it but i don't wanna mess anything there as i have no idea on where to begin and what to change. I will use wireless mouse it seems to be working perfectly.

Thank you @jake lo

@Hervé😄me too i don't know any touchpad that works that way.

Thank you once again for your help

@Jake Lo @Hervé

Hi, good news! i got the touchpad working without any weird behaviours and discriminations.

i used the VoodoooPS2Controller version found on my first post from github, which did the magic.

i will attach it here should someone too facing similar problem on big sur could also try it.

Here is my touchpad info when i used linux to check maybe it could help.

I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0002 Product=0008 Version=0310
N: Name="AlpsPS/2 ALPS DualPoint TouchPad"
P: Phys=isa0060/serio1/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input6
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=mouse2 event9 
B: PROP=9
B: EV=b
B: KEY=e420 70000 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=260800001000003

E6430_Big_Sur_VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

• Like 1