Dell Latitude E6230 battery health problem

Amaleic

Hello everyone. I need help with my e6230 and new high capacity battery. I have been using a laptop without a battery for about a year and I uninstalled acpibatterymanager.kext at Hervé's advice. Yesterday I bought a new battery and added the kext to clover/kexts/other folder but it didn't appear in the list of installed kext. The battery is displayed in the system and shows percentages, but I cannot charge the battery more than 80% and I do not have the "battery health" button in the power settings. Can you please tell me how to turn off the limitation of the battery charge?

Thank you.IMG_20210514_151840_312.thumb.jpg.de322df29fea05fe1165ee965eb4ffa1.jpg

• Administrators

No such limitation in macOS; check your BIOS settings. Note that non-Dell batteries can also behave a little strangely.

Injected kexts (from Clover or OC) do not get listed in SysInfo->Software->Extensions, only cached kexts (cached from /S/L/E or /L/E).

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the answer, Hervé. Why don't I have a "battery health" button? I've seen tutorials where people have solved this problem by simply disabling this feature?
Have I installed kext correctly?

P.S.: The seller from whom I bought the battery sent an instruction, which says that the first time you need to charge the battery for 6-12 hours, then wait for a 3% charge level, and then reconnect the charger and charge again to 100%. Thus, the battery will gain full capacity and the system will correctly display the charge level. I was unable to charge the battery on macOS Catalina because the new battery had 88% charge and was not charging.

• Administrators

No such thing as "battery health" for our E6x30 Series and probably most (if not all) Hacks. It's a feature available for some Apple Macs with TB3 ports only. Don't know where you got that it was available on Hackintosh platforms.

Your screenshot shows everything you can expect to see in your Energy Saver PrefPane; you won't get anything else. You should, of course, disable those 2 x options to ensure Sleep works at its best on your E6230. If you want more detailed info about your battery, go to SysInfo->Power.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

You can check your BIOS under Power Management/Primary Battery Charge Configuration.

If you have the setting set to Custom, you can have the charge stop at certain %. 

See if that's what you have it set to. Change it to Adaptive or whatever settings you like.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

No such settings in the BIOS of the E6230. It's just Standard or Express Charge. No custom mode. For a generic/non-Dell battery, I reckon Standard is the desired mode of operation.

• Thanks 1