[SOLVED] Opencore boot scroll

philstopford

I don't really understand the cause. I have two identical Dell 7480 machines here. I got the second based on the positive experience with macOS on the first. The one delta is that machine B has the stock mSATA Hynix drive; machine A has an HP NVMe drive. Both are using filevault encryption and the same bootloader configuration (attached as config.zip), and yet machine A shows bootscroll before and after the filevault password screen, where machine B does not. I can't see the cause for this and wondered if there was something I could try to clean this up.

config.zip

N1 : remove Fake SMC and plugin , insert this kext  put them after lilu.kext

VirtualSMC-1.2.4-RELEASE.zip

N2 : For Kext PS2 and Trackpad these kext must remain active

689601408_Schermata2021-05-16alle09_04_45.thumb.png.bf8dfaa97863ff5609d4df590fa594f4.png

N3 : new method for brightness control https://github.com/acidanthera/BrightnessKeys  remove rename in config 

I read you have Kaby Lake 7 series CPUs , SMBios is wrong you have to use MacbookPro 14.1 or 14.2 , I recommend you to fine tune .
Also SSDT PMCR should not serve you because you have PPMC in DSDT origin, PMCR is used on Mobo 300 series or later , those mobo where is NOT present PPMC device.

The Hackintosh world is constantly evolving, so EFIs often need to be adapted to new standards. 

Text scroll. The initial scroll appears just before the filevault screen. After entering the password, the login screen goes and text scrolls by until the OS is booted. I don't see where this is coming from; copying the OC folder over to machine B from machine A, the boot behavior doesn't have this scrolling text. I guess something is stored somewhere that triggers this display, but I can't find any information about it in the opencore docs.

EDIT : Figured it out after a while. Hit space, then reset NVRAM. I had to re-enter the BIOS to set up OpenCore as a boot entry. The scroll is now gone.