Lion on Dell Optiplex 755 with Radeon X1300 128 MB

Syonagar

• Administrators

Dear all,

I finally have some time in the office to fine tune my optiplex 755. As per BugsB insight above i managed to get my system to sleep but my monitor would not wake up. All the usual system states came back. I trimmed down my com.chameleon.Boot.plist to bare minimum and also removed the nullcpu, sleepenabler and ps2 kexts as per BugsB advice above. So, im now looking for a solution to this. Not sure if my natit kexts injection is causing it but until i get cham or dsdt injection to work i cant really tell. Similarly cant test 64 bit mode as my natit is 32 bit.

Cheers.

• Administrators

A little UP on this old thread, following work I've done on the Vostro200 to try and get my ATI X1300 graphics card fully working. Model is low-profile ATI Radeon Pro X1300/X1550 256MB (RV516 chip) with PCI vendor id 0x1002 and device id 0x7183.

I first used Syon's reported method of using Natit kext in /E/E to get full res (but no acceleration) and, after extensive research, found a documented way to do Chameleon injection. It's reported here: http://www.beejblog.com/2010/03/ati-x1300-pro-on-mac-os-x-snow-leopard.html . Credits to Beej (Brent Anderson) and Azimutz.

I've reached full QE/CI under SL 10.6.8 through the above method, adapted to myHack installations:

1a) downloaded Chameleon GraphicsEnabler branch from Azimutz (r1515 dated 2011 at time of writing) since it includes support for my ATI X1300 card (PCI dev id 0x7183). Obviously, one needs to check which models are supported beforehand...

1b) copied Azimutz's 'ATiGraphicsEnabler.Dylib' to /Extra/modules

1c) copied Azimutz's 'boot' to root of SL partition (use appropriate boot file according to your partition/OS arrangements)

2a) made copies of /S/L/E ATI1300Controller.kext + ATIX1000.kext to /E/E and patched to include my dev id 0x7183:

2b) replaced 0x7187 by 0x7183 in the Info plist of both kexts

2c) Using 0xED tool, binary patched MacOS/ATIRadeonX1000 module of ATIRadeonX1000 kext, replacing 81 FA 87 71 by 81 FA 83 71 at offsets 2E26F and BA2A27

3a) downloaded EVOenabler kext, version patched for ATI X1000 cards

3b) edited its plist to replace string "Alopias" by "Sphyrna" (=model with single DVI dual-link) and string "Radeon 1800XL" by "Radeon X1300"

3c) copied kext to /E/E

4) ran myFix (full) and rebooted. Voilà! full QE/CI under Snow Leopard.

Display sleep is also supported afterwards.

Oh, one more thing: thanks to Chameleon ATI injection + 32/64bit ATI kexts, 64bit kernel mode is supported !  :P

NB: not tested dual display setup; that may require additional EDID info tuning in EVOenabler kext.

Little up: with Chameleon v2.2 r2170 and above, steps 1a->1c are no longer required. The ATI X1300 card is supported again by standard branch.

QE/Ci? Full res changes?

Any good luck with OP755 ATI X1300 in Mountain Lion 10.8.2?

• Administrators

Under Snow Leopard, absolutely!

Under Lion, only full resolution change at the moment (my research with RadeonHD method is far from finished yet).

Under Mountain Lion, there appears to be no support for ATI X1000 family, so ATI X1300 is not compatible as far as I know.

For additional info, look here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2032-dell-vostro-200/

Bear in mind my ATI X1300/X1550 is dev id 0x7183.

Hi, I  have too Optiplex 755
I have with C2D E6400, Nvidia 210 GT, and use 10.8.3,(with Clover) but I have some problems:
After turning off the fan continues to run. Also in the log there is an error.
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized
I use  dsdt from osx latitude), but with own DSDT I have "still waiting root device"

I use some kext: fake, IntelCPU, without NullCPUPoweManagement
Anyone can help solve this problem?