Issues installing High Sierra on E6220

ianinsane

I've been trying to install HS on my E6220, using this guide.

But I can't get the install process to work. After creating the USB installer and booting up, the Clover Screen loads fine. Then I choose the "Install High Sierra" option with -v flag. Then it goes through all the commands and suddenly reboots, prompting the message "attempted to boot uefi volume from legacy mode" and going no further...

Do you have any leads what to do?

I've tried several times to create USB-installers, both with Clover r4689 and r5097 (with the latter, using the customized settings from the E6220 Mojave guide)

Which processor do you have exactly? I have successfully installed HS on my Latitude E6220 2 days ago. My E6220 has an i7-2620M. I've used my own archive of vanilla HS 10.13.6 installer with the latest version of clover currently available. Did you change the date before installing and make sure SATA mode is set in the bios? I suspect some boot arguments, kext or ssdt/dsdt might be missing and trigger a force reboot. I used legacy boot when installing HS and reverted back to uefi for post-install.

I hope this would be helpful.

• Administrators

Is your BIOS in UEFI mode or Legacy mode? You install and run macOS in UEFI mode with Clover (or OpenCore) in UEFI mode on the disk (HDD or SSD). However, the USB installer can only be booted with Cover installed on it in legacy mode (with BIOS in UEFI mode).

Then, there is the CPU model of course. Guide clearly states to change the CPU PM table if CPU differs from i5-2520M...

Please post your specs and add them in signature before anything else.