Hackintosh only using Wireless-G

Tengokuu

So, I'm not getting the best Wi-Fi speeds because my E6400 doesn't want to use Wireless N for some reason. As you can see here, when connected, it only uses Wireless-G

WN.png

When I'm in System Profiler (Information), under Wi-Fi, my network IS listed as a Wireless N network:

WN2.png

So yeah, don't know whats up. It also does this with other networks in my area that uses Wireless N, Windows 7 can use N without any problem on the same network, so it isn't a configuration problem.

• Administrators

Dear tengokuu,

What's the worst? I'll say this wink.gif "Use At Your Own Risk" Personaly, i prefer not to mess with my hardware's vanilla bios or firmware. I'm too concerned that i'll accidently brick it with my adventurism.

However, if you are interested. We have a guide in the osxlatitude.com. Have a look at it.

Cheers!

Dear tengokuu,

What's the worst? I'll say this wink.gif "Use At Your Own Risk" Personaly, i prefer not to mess with my hardware's vanilla bios or firmware. I'm too concerned that i'll accidently brick it with my adventurism.

However, if you are interested. We have a guide in the osxlatitude.com. Have a look at it.

Cheers!

Eh. I'll just leave it as is. I'd probably mess something up myself, maybe I'll try rebranding on my D820 as a little test subject, see if I can actually get the hang of it, but I'm not gonna' do it right now with my abilities of stupidity. c: