HP Pavilion x360: Synaptics TrackPad and audio not working

jD_KiD

• Moderators

If you know what the codec ID is, then it'll be easier to determine if there are available AppleALC patches already made for it. Otherwise you'll end up having to test all the layout-id from 1 to 100+.

No, all you need is alcid=xx but you might need IRQ patches. Following the Dortania guide, there should be a script to help you with that...SSDTTime

With VoodooHDA installed, DPCIManager should be able to get the codec ID of your audio. Other ways can be done from Windows or Linux. Once you know what it is, you can remove VoodooHDA and add AppleALC/

@Jake Lo I've been working on the sound for a few days but I haven't been able to solve it.

I have obtained the device ID and verified that it is in ALCApple.kext. After I have tried the corresponding "Alcids" but none of them worked for me. I have also obtained IRQ from windows. My IRQ for this device is number 22. The problem is that I don't know what to do with this number. I have also tried to get sound with SSDT HPET, but not yet too new to learn so many things. Could you explain to me what to do with IRQ?

Could I somehow make my own profile for my device and include it in Opencore boot's device properties?

@Hervé I looked at this page for days, but I can't get a sound. I have the latest version in kext folder.

• Administrators

use boot-arg  alcid=?  and ? is one of the layoutid numbers until you find one that works best for you. so you add it to

nvram /

variable 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

boot-arg/

alcid=some id# you want to use -v keepsyms=1 

https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Installation-and-usage

hackintool should also give you a selection of layoutid's for your codec.