EDP 3.1

Hervé

• Administrators

Hi guys, I see there's lots going on with EDP 3.1 updates.

I was starting afresh with Lion on an external disk for my D620 (C2D with nVidia 1440x900) and noticed EDP 3.1 is now up to v366. However, having installed that version on a brand new 10.7.2 installation, I get KP at restart, no matter what I try. Looks like severe regression here...

• Administrators

Here it is:

P1000565.JPG

I had just installed Lion 10.7.2 successfully through the recommended method, i.e. myHack 3.1 (the latest version).

To avoid any confusion, please note the following:

1) after Lion 10.7.2 installation, the USB HDD was not bootable -> complained about GPT error as if Chameleon did not properly install.

2) I rebooted onto internal SATA HDD with SL and installed Chameleon on the USB HDD

3) I then rebooted onto the USB HDD and completed the Lion 1st boot settings

4) Having completed those settings, I proceeded with EDP 3.1 v366 installation (installed pre-defined values for kexts)

5) On reboot, got above KP

Interestingly enough, if I boot via internal SATA HDD Chameleon, I can boot Lion!

???

• Administrators

'appears I had no 'org.chameleon.Boot.plist', no 'smbios.plist' and no 'dsdt.aml' files under /Extra! On copying the plist files + DSDT table from the USB installation key, I'm back in business.

Could there be something within the latest EDP that causes this problem?

• Administrators

'appears I had no 'org.chameleon.Boot.plist', no 'smbios.plist' and no 'dsdt.aml' files under /Extra! On copying the plist files + DSDT table from the USB installation key, I'm back in business.

Could there be something within the latest EDP that causes this problem?

Sounds like a copy error - update EDP to latest and try again :)