App Store NO 64-bit processor on Core2Duo

wamblej

I have SL running on my D620 and I recently tried a few apps on the app store that was updated with the latest 10.6.8 update. One of the apps says it requires a 64 bit processor and it doesn't recognize mine as such. Is there a tweak I need to do to get it to realize that my core2duo is 64 bit? Thanks!

Download Chameleon Wizard, and go to org.chameleon.boot.plist, uncheck 32-bit and click Save. Reboot and install your 64 bit app :)

Be aware that if you have an Intel graphics card, it will not work and you will lose QE/CI

Download Chameleon Wizard, and go to org.chameleon.boot.plist, uncheck 32-bit and click Save. Reboot and install your 64 bit app :)

Be aware that if you have an Intel graphics card, it will not work and you will lose QE/CI

I do have an intel graphics card, so it sounds like 64 bit may not be an option then. Thanks for the reply!

• Administrators

If I'm not mistaken, there's an Intel tool for Mac that provides the CPU model. It's not at all like a CPU-Z tool, but does the job in terms of CPU identification. Then you can consult the specific pages for the CPU model/family. Wasn't it supplied as a tool in previous releases of EDP to think of it?

I got it off OSX86. It looks like my processor is a T2500... which appears to be a Core Duo?! Who knew? I guess I ordered it 6 years ago and didn't think much of it - but apparently I'm running a Core Duo and not Core 2 Duo. Oddly though, Mac OSX tells me that it is 2ghz Core 2 Duo.