Temperature rise

Ipecac

Dear community,

Since I updated EDP and made a new build this morning my core temperatures has gone a bit higher. Before, the cores were somewhere between 25-30°C at rest. Now it seems their minimum temperatures is somewhere between 40-50°C. Makes my fans a bit noisier.

Is it something in the latest EDP updates that could've caused this?

Please look at my signature for specifications.

Sincerely,

Ipecac

• Administrators

Hey,

Actually, your tempretures have not changed - except now your machine measure temps. correctly.

The problem that have been happening for the last year or so, is that fakesmc.kext and IntelCPUMonitor.kext did not report the temp. correctly to system because tjmax needed to be ajusted manually - and many dident do that.

With the latest fakesmc, tjmax can be detected automaticly :-)

You can verify the result with coolbook (unregistered) - coolbook uses its own sensor driver and hence the results is measured by two diffrent systems.,

Try and put a hand on your machine, and you will notice that its actually not warmer - also - a 25-35c operating heat for a machine like yours is virtually imposibel :-)

We have know about the issue for some time, but have been unable to find a good solution except going back to a old version of fakesmc - however latest version works like a charm.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Your welcome - actually.. a noiser fan on a D630 is a good thing since your heatsink is in general to weak for your GPU (hence why so many D630 die with dead GPU and you have to "bake" the motherboard)