D620 Lion install (EDP instructions)

Skullster

Hi. I recently got a D620 and upgraded the CPU to a T5600, put in a 120GB hard disk and upped the RAM to 3GB. The idea is to do a lion install.

I closely followed the EDP instruction from the menu bar on the site. Built the Myhack3.1 USB installer all OK. Added the Extra folder from the D620 (nvidia) bootpack again all OK.

Booted the D620 from the USB key using -v -f arch=i386 and got to the installation screen. Went into disk util and created a new OSx partition as instructed. exited DU and clicked Continue in the installer. I then get to the installer crash screen. I saved the log file to another USB and tried again. This time only using -v at the boot screen. Still the same result. The last error on the log (show errors only) was a line about Bookmark failed to issue extension for item (depth=4000): No such file or directory.

I have rebuilt the USB installer again fro scratch and everything seems fine (no errors) but the OSX installer always crashed when I click continue after closing the DU.

I have attached the last log file. Anyone help?

Just trying a SL install with the same media and Myhack new bootpack and SL retail dvd.

Lion install was from App store on another mac but may be faulty although it passes the verification. I'll try it again later. At first the 16GB usb drive I used kept failing on the Myhack install. A class 10 8GB sd card in usb adapter seems to work much better and faster.