eDP support for Kepler?

draskostar

What I wanted to say is that Kepler’s nvidia gk104 on laptops with edp connector = black screen no matter what. I wonder if this fact will continue also on macos12 or there is a hope.

Sorry If you feel like I asked you stupid questions but not all people are present in hackintosh community for soo many years like yourself. I am still learning basic facts about how things are going on here. Thank you for understanding!

• Administrators

You're referring to something specific affecting the Latitude Precision M 4800/6800 Series. Matter has been discussed at great length In numerous threads on the forum over the years.

It's not a matter of Kepler supporting or not supporting eDP displays, you got that wrong. Black internal (eDP) screen situation with Optimus disabled has endured for years due to physical implementation choices made by Dell and lack of Optimus support under OS X/macOS due to Apple's own choices. It's got nothing to do with Kepler drivers and macOS 12 Monterey will change absolutely nothing on that front.