D630 Nvidia, MyHack 3.12 Installation problem

markitos

I have earlier successfully installed Lion to this Latitude D630 Nvidia but now when trying to do the installation with new Myhack 3.12 I have no success. Done so far; created usb installer with Myhack 3.12 in my MacMini. Added the right bootback afterwards. When installing everything goes well but after the first boot the system stucks.

When booting with -v I can see that the system says when stuck:

macx_swapon SUCCESS

Waiting for DSMOS...

Thats it. I hope you can help me out!

Thanks guys for the good work.

• Administrators

Did you try to bootload your new Lion system via your USB installation key (boot off the USB key and press [ENTER] when the Chameleon delay bar starts scrolling, then select the new Lion installation)?

This should let you boot your new Lion system for the very 1st time, finalise the OS settings and get you to the desktop. You can then install EDP to secure things off and be able to boot directly off the hard disk from there on.

It always works for me on D620 nVIDIA or D630 Intel, so I see no reason why it'd be different for a D630 nVIDIA...

Thank you, I could boot the system via usb keys bootloader. After that I did the EDP 3 install. Some how the script didnt work but with the manual system did the trick. My clean install was 10.7 and I was gladly surprised because I did the 10.7.4 combo update and system was working directly without any tricks. :D

• Administrators

It might not be related at all, but I noticed some slow boot when USBBusFix was set to Yes. The context was a bit specific though, so it may not apply to this SSD case at all...

When I was testing EDP 3 for Snow Leopard, I was using an external USB IDE HDD. If USBBusFix was selected in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist, booting off the USB HDD took ages. It would hold for over 2mins past the initial Chameleon wait scroll bar, then I would get a default grey Apple background (neither the OSXL logo, nor the shiny Apple logo) and boot activity would resume.

After unsetting USBBusFix, booting off the USB HDD was back to normal: no extended delay after Chameleon wait scroll bar, OSXL logo during boot process and a total boot time of approximately 1min.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"

This what I got:

"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>ForceHPET</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x800x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>npci=0x2000</string>

<key>SystemType</key>

<string>2</string>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>Default</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>2</string>

<key>USBBusFix</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>arch</key>

<string>i386</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Edited by markitos

• Administrators

If you have Chameleon wizard installed, double click on your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file and uncheck the USBBusFix as a test. Then save and reboot. Can't say that it'll improve boot time, but worth a shot if you're game.