Dell Inspiron 5378, i7-7500U - Brightness Fn Keys Help

lufeig

SSDT GPI0 is NOT needed anymore with the latest I2C kext, features have been improved, but in this case it is essential to use SSDT-XOSI or a FIX SSDT-I2C0 TPD0 with specific Darwin according to ACPI Origin example as in the attached photo. This would be the TOP with Opencore bootloader

in this case we avoid rename in config that Opencore DOESN'T like

1688961509_Schermata2021-06-14alle07_38_07.png.85f49e9c165ea41fd2083ff06606aab6.png

As for the brightness keys, let the new BrightnessKeys do its job , good hackintosh 😃

Try to replace this SSDT restart, and post ioreg, let's see if the touchscreen activates

SSDT-Dell Inspiron 5378.aml.zip

• Like 1

@Baio77 I really appreciate your patience and help. 

I’m working right now but at night I’ll check that FIX SSDT-I2C0 TPD0 ssdt you mentioned and the ssdt file you provided. 

the touchscreen is actually working fine with multipoint touch and all, and if I remember well ioreg shows it is activated on USB port HS7. Am I right or mistaken?

You are right via USB the touch works, I had not noticed it, so you can let the test of my previous post do it ....... If you want to understand how to create a unique SSDT from many SSDTs I am available
Obviously I am self taught at the ACPI level, so I am NOT a GURU, but a simple user who has understood how to work in Hack at the ACPI level

Schermata 2021-06-14 alle 19.26.45.png

• Like 1

@Baio77 thank you very much for you availability, but I prefer to have all ssdt fles separately. so if I want to do any modification, it's faster and easier for me to change a single 'module'.

hackintosh is working perfectly fine thanks to you and @Jake Lo, I can only thank you!!!

• Thanks 1

I recently noticed that Shut Down was broken, the laptop was resetting instead.

After further investigation - trial and error method due to my lack of knowledge - I found that without SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml this error was fixed. 

I also removed SSDT-GPI0.aml, SSDT-RMCF-PS2Map-dell.aml and SSDT-OCWork-dell.aml.

I brought SSDT-BRT6.aml, SSDT-XOSI.aml and their respective patched back.

Now brightness keys work as Fn+F11 and Fn+F12 (Fn pressing required), trackpad is activated on I2C0@15 and shutdown is fixed.

Thank you both again, I could not achieve this without your help. I just had to fine tuned the configuration.

I think I can consider this project finished now!

ioreg MacBook Poor de Fernando.zip EFI.zip

• Like 2