D630 Nvidia Mountain Lion Installer

seb43654

Hi,

I got hold of the GM Mountain Lion. I have 10.7.4 working fine on the D630 (see mu guide). Upon booting into the 10.8 installer, it goes very slowly after ACPI System state, and stops at PCI Configuration Begin. Any ideas?

I tried replacing appleACPIplatform.kext but with no luck.

Thanks,

Seb

• Administrators

what methode have you used to get to this point? could be allot of things which cause this error. ahci in bios could be off, or you need to add the flag npci=0x2000 to the boot options, use a different usb port maybe the rear ones next to the com ports. or you will need to install a patched IOPCIFamily.kext also PciRoot=1 might be needed or a combination of all methods.

Hi,

I got hold of the GM Mountain Lion. I have 10.7.4 working fine on the D630 (see mu guide). Upon booting into the 10.8 installer, it goes very slowly after ACPI System state, and stops at PCI Configuration Begin. Any ideas?

I tried replacing appleACPIplatform.kext but with no luck.

Thanks,

Seb

I was assuming you use the Extra bootpacks & myHack 3.1.2 on building your OS X ML install disk? Assuming you did, you missed one step after (1). replacing ACPIPlatform.kext on your Install disk. If you have a separate working OS X Lion partition, (2). performing a myFix/Quick on your install disk. This is a MUST!, what is does is that it copies the kext (ACPIPlatfrom.kext) into myHack.kext/Plugin that resides in S/L/E. If you are successful in installing OS X ML (hooray!), then, you must perform step 1(on your OS X ML partition not install disk) this time & step 2 also. (3). Install EDP 3.x. Good hacking and success comes to those who have patience.

Hi, thanks for the help!!!

I tried those boot flags. Also I am not booting from a USB drive, I made a separate partition on my HDD for the installer, which worked fine for the lion install.

I tried replacing that kext aswell, with no effect.

I ran MyFix on the installer and that allowed me to bot into in! Now to install and hope it works...

Very enthusiastic to get Mountain Lion working!

Seems to be a bit more problematic than Lion, as on my Hackintosh PC, booting the installer immediately reboots the computer.

Seb

Yes, i discovered that already :(.

I also had to modify the OSInstall.mpkg manually for the mountain lion installer so that is allowed my machine to run the installer.

Is installing as I type, hopfully it will work!

Only have 1.5GB ram, so thats why I edited that file. I plan on upgrading to 4GB, and getting the hard drive modular bay and putting an SSD in it as my boot hadd, and leaving the 250gig one in my primary HDD bay. I never use the CD drive, and I think it was a good choice apple taking it out the newer macbook pro's.

Seb

Right, so I managed to install mountain lion, and it booted first time fine. Once i got to the desktop, i restarted, and then it wont boot now.

It kernel panics due to IntelCPUMonitor: Cant add key to fake SMC device.

I couldnt find this kext anywhere in extra or system/library/extensions - how do i remove it??

Thanks,

Seb

To remove IntelCPUMonitor, find FakeSMC.kext and ctrl+click to show package contents. Inside, you'll find Plugins. Delete them from there. You'll probably have to repair permissions afterward. I'd also boot with -F to reload the kext cache.