Latitude 5510: unable to install macOS

KeinOhrHasen

@Jake Lo

ok thanx ;)

I deleted all the uncheck kexts.

I tried to enable VoodooPS2mouse and trackpad but no diffrerence. Trackpad still not working. I'm gonna check what kind of touchpad is it ;)

I still hope to find a solution

Thanxalot for your help by the way? All your advices have been are absolutely awesome. You rule !!!! 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

Try removing the drive 1st and see if it'll boot all the way with the USB Installer just to confirm.

If I do that, the dell will warn me about not having a disk installed and won't boot to the installer at all. 

@Jake Lo

I added SSDT-TPDX.

Trackpad is working now but it's a bit strange. There is just the pointer who's moving but I can't select or open anything.

I have to press the left button to select or open something.

I added SSDT-BRT6 & SSDT SSDT-OCWork-dell from your EFI/ACPI folder too.

• Administrators

Tap to click isn't usually enabled by default. It can be enabled in the TrackPad PrefPane, if such PrefPane is offered to you of course. Many systems with I2C TrackPads do not get the TrackPad properly recognised as such.

@Hervé

Yes I got  the Tackpad PrefPan .

I enabled, disable and re-enabled Tap to click just in case but it's not working properly.

There are another SSDTs from @Jake Lo folder I didn't installed yet: 

-SSDT-GPRW.aml

-SSDT-USB-Reset.aml

Do you think I need to install it ?

I'm gonna try just in case. I will learn from my own mistakes ;)

I also see that I have SSDT-XOSI.aml in my ACPI folder and it is not in Jake’s folder.

I will try to uninstall it to see if it has any impact.

• Administrators

SSDT-XOSI is unrelated; keep it. That table's purpose is to set OSYS to the highest possible Windows version equivalent and ensure things such as USB3 is enabled on older systems or that brightness keys will work.

• Moderators

@ONRA

You haven't confirm what touchpad you have, is it indeed an I2C Alps?

Most new Dell Latitude I worked on has I2C Alps but never heard such strange behavior. Perhaps it's a new variant of the I2C Alps and it's not quite supported yet. You can try contacting the developer for help.

@KeinOhrHasen

I guess you'll have to swap out with a spare SSD to test. Others in this thread didn't have such issue but I don't know what disk model they have. They will have to chime in.