Latitude E5570 on Monterey

augustopaulo

Hi All, 

Haven't been here in a while and returned with Monterey 80% working on this laptop ;-)

So, I've used some of Jake's E5470 OC 7.0 folders, with latest kexts and all "beta" boot arguments to get this baby booting and actually working quite fast and smooth!

What doesn't work (resolution preferences): 

1. Screen brightness: always maxed out, no change of using F10/F12 keys - Fixed by Jake Lo @ 29/06/2021
  2. Wlan (1820a): only on 2.4GHz, does not connect in 5GHz - Fixed by Jake Lo/Hervé @ 02/07/2021
  3. Sleep: Does not go into sleep mode, simply blacks the screen, laptop stays ON
    1. Sleep via Menu "Pause" option/Battery -  - Fixed by Jake Lo @ 29/06/2021
    2. Sleep via closed lid  -  Fixed by me @ 03/0/2021
  4. Touchpad: only 2 fingers scroll available
  5. Touchscreen: Does not work, is it possible in BigSur/Monterey?  
  6. CPU optimisation  - In progress ;-)
  7. Battery optimisation 
  8. Any SSDT/DSDT needed for any device?

Searched on this website and tried to mess a bit with DSDT & SSDT, but might knowledge is very limited and all attempts made it worse than current.

Can someone help please ?

Also, don't know if this post should be here on elsewhere, please advise.

Attached extracted ACPI folder (with OC), my ioreg and some screenshots/photos.

Much appreciated,

Paulo

information.jpg

irmation.jpg

Captura de ecrã 2021-06-26, às 12.31.07.png

ACPI.zip MacBook Pro de paulo.ioreg.zip EFI.zip

Edited by augustopaulo
Lid puts laptop to sleep & better CPU/GPU power/battery settings

• Administrators

Monterey usually works with the exact same settings as with Big Sur. On the various laptops I installed it on (Latitude E6230/E7270, Satellite Pro R50-B):

• Screen brightness works the same in Monterey as it does in Big Sur (brightness level should be retained if you have a fully working NVRAM)
  • Brightness control works the same in Monterey as it does in Big Sur
  • Sleep & wake work the same in Monterey as they does in Big Sur
  • DW1820A works the same in Monterey as it does in Big Sur (Tosh R50B & Lat E7270)
  • Touchscren stopped working in Big Sur on my Skylake E7270 whilst it worked OOB in Mojave and Catalina; such Toushcreens are USB-based and fully detected/reported in SysInfo->USB
  • As for TouchPad, it really depends on the model fitted to your laptop but I2C models are limited
  • Like 1

Hi Hervé,

Thanks for quick reply & information.

FYI, I just spent my afternoon trying to get screen brightness working (ACPI ALS0 + PLNF) by following this thread and others, to no effect... Brightness is still maxed with no possibility of control...

Are you able to help with this 1st brightness problem ?

Paulo

• Administrators

I'm tempted to say you're looking at brightness and brightness control the wrong way. Look up existing guides & threads related to the Latitude Exx70 models. Keep things simple and focused on the Latitude families.

NB: As per our stated rules, which I invite to read if you've not done it yet, no links to forbidden sites and easy on the quoting!

• Like 1

That's what I did - This EFI folder is the result of Jake's E5470, see my 2nd statement again: 

"So, I've used some of Jake's E5470 OC 7.0 folders, with latest kexts and all "beta" boot arguments to get this baby booting and actually working quite fast and smooth!"

I'm here to learn, test and get this laptop running better than now  - Apologies for forbiden sites post.

If you're able to help, then please do so by having a quick look into my EFI folder and my .aml/ioreg files, to find any clue as to why my screen brightness is always maxed out with no change of controlling via FN+F11 & F12 keys 😉

(I've even tried your Latitude CLOVER E7270, but, same as now )

Hi Jake Lo, 

Nice to hear from you again 😀

As as always, you've nailed it again, full brightness control with either F11/F12 or via Monitor. Thanks a lot !!

Also, it seems to have enabled 1st sleep via menu "Pause" command - nice!

(After ,testing 2nd sleep it just blacks the screen and also the closing the lid does not make it sleep)

How about my Wlan 5Ghz ? R U up to the challenge ? 😉

Do you need me to disassemble the laptop and take a picture of the Wlan card ?

Captura de ecrã 2021-07-02, às 06.15.53.png

Captura de ecrã 2021-07-02, às 06.11.22.png

• Administrators

5GHz networks should normally be visible with a DW1820A but you may have an issue related to Country Code or something like that. Check what you card shows in SysInfo->Network->Wifi in terms of Locale and Country Code. Then check your box/router settings for 5GHz networks/SSIDs. You may need to use AirPortBrcmFixup and one of its parameters as indicated in our BCM4350 guide.

But, what I don't understand the most is that you do not inject anything for your DW1820A given that the entry for it is commented out in your OC config... What's the reason for that?DW1820A_PropertiesInjection.jpg

• Like 1

You both are great! ;-)

I was actually looking at a post on github that actually was based on another of Hervé post, where I basically uncommented the DW1820a in "OC\Devices" and then added an extra boot argument: "brcmfx-country=#a" in "OC/NVRAM/Add/7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82/boot-args" and bang! Finally 5Ghz Wlan connection! 😀

Captura de ecrã 2021-07-02, às 18.42.07.png

Captura de ecrã 2021-07-02, às 19.27.33.jpg

@Jake Lo I've attached the ioreg captured with version 2.1 ;-)

MacBook Pro de paulo 2.ioreg.zip