EDP installer (beta) released!

iMick

EDP v3.0 was already automatically kept up to date thanks to SVN synchronization, but it wasn't easy to install due to execution of dedicated terminal script and/or shell commands and location of files. Under Mountain Lion, you also needed to install SVN manualy, because Apple has ceased to support it. Today however is a big day for our "Extra Driver Package"-project; we're releasing a new way to install the EDP framework!x

Now, all the tidious steps are combined within a single easy-to-use app! No more need to run scripts, or manually move files! Everything is automated! Just run the little Install EDP.app (5MB) and everything will be taken care of for you.

If you've already installed EDP? Nothing new, except an EDP.app in your Applications folder to launch the EDP script. If you run the installer, you can choose to install the EDP app only.

We would also like to announce the start of our monthly donation project! This month, all donations will go to Conti, the creator of myHack. We need myHack to install OS X on every EDP-based system and Conti did put a lot of time and effort into myHack! You can donate by visiting this brand new donation page: http://www.osxlatitude.com/donations/

Mac-Icon-kopie.png

• Like 3

• Administrators

I'll like to congratulate the Team behind this (Mario and foremost Mick) - awesome work guys.. give yourself a shoulder clap for this.. incredible peace of tech!!! :D

Edit:

TESTED OK: Dell Latitude D430, Snow Leopard and Lion

TESTED OK: Dell Latitude e6220, Lion and Mountain Lion

TESTED OK: Dell Latitude e6230, Lion and Mountain Lion

I'll like to congratulate the Team behind this (Mario and foremost Mick) - awesome work guys.. give yourself a shoulder clap for this.. incredible peace of tech!!! :D

It was not only work from me and Mario, everyone helped :). We are improving our code yet, our new lead developer stayallive is rewriting it with functions :).

Hi guys just tested the new EDP tool out with an D430 with Lion 10.7.4 and all worked perfectly !! nice job.. Next step is to test t the tool with an D830 with nvidia chip and hope this also work splendid and solve my problem with the booting of the D830

To be continued..

• Like 1