Asus B250m-Plus (Skylake desktop): unable to boot after upgrading from Big Sur to Monterey

CAPSBOY

Hi all … have a nearly perfect hackintosh but have gone from big sur to the new beta and get the love boot loop I saw here on another post the with error 

Applekeystore:11149:1173 … Under that a IOerror I can see (goes so fast)

heard that it might be Bluetooth related.. what’s the best way to fix as I only have windows 11 to edit files.

thanks 

image.jpg

• Administrators

1st off all, you need to provide your system's specs (computer model, BIOS version, chipset, CPU, GPU, audio, LAN, wireless, etc.).

Then you need to specify the boot loader you're using and its version

Finally, post a zipped copy of your boot loader EFI

No assistance can be provided without this minimum requirements.

The only thing I can confirm is that Bluetooth is often problematic under Monterey beta1 so don't hesitate to disable it to begin with.

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

okay here we go 

Opencore is 0.7.0 with patched HD graphics for a iMac 17,1

my specs 

I7 6700k HD530 graphics working fine

Asus b250m-Plus (running the latest bios version)

HD Audio

16gb of DDR4 Corsair Ram

512gb Mvme Boot Drive

Bluetooth is a 4.0 USB (unknown maker but can get)

EFI folder I’ll upload asap 

anything else please let me know 

cheers 

• Administrators

Monterey normally boots with the exact same settings and config as Big Sur. Only Lilu & plugins are recommended for updates, failing what the -lilubetaall boot-arg & associates are required.

If you believe your issue is Bluetooth related -and it could be of course-, unplug your dongle and remove all associated kexts you may have installed.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Had a quick look at your posted EFI.

• your Kexts set is quite a mess with all sorts of kexts for LAN (no less than 8!). You would really need to sanitise this. Start by identifying your hardware.
  • you said your were using patched UHD530 graphics for iMac17,1, yet your config shows you're using macPro7,1 SMBIOS. Why?
  • iMac17,1 or MacPro7,1 are both compatible with Monterey. As such, no need for -no_compat_check boot-arg though it does no harm of course, just prevents macOS OTA update.
  • you use a single patched SSDT table from Olarilla to patch ACPI; never seen that one before so can't really comment nor say if all is applicable to your own platform, it's not very common.
  • Thanks 1

You little legend I’ll get on working on those key points and fix them … yeah I found the SSDT table from someone who had nearly the same motherboard but I do know of Olarilla so I’ll grab that one.

cheers