Dell Latitude E5520

sampoint

Has anyone gotten Mavericks running on an E5520?  I have 10.9.1 going fine except that I can't get the audio to work correctly.  As posted early on, I'm still uneducated when it comes to fixing all of this stuff myself.  I've tried numerous VoodooHDAs, but still have the issue of volume being maxed out regardless of what the settings are (even muted).  The link that Asmodai posted is dead now so I can't even try it.

• Moderators

Has anyone gotten Mavericks running on an E5520?  I have 10.9.1 going fine except that I can't get the audio to work correctly.  As posted early on, I'm still uneducated when it comes to fixing all of this stuff myself.  I've tried numerous VoodooHDAs, but still have the issue of volume being maxed out regardless of what the settings are (even muted).  The link that Asmodai posted is dead now so I can't even try it.

Try this patched AppleHDA. Don't upgrade to 10.9.2 yet as it'll break audio.

Update:

New patch here. Working on 10.9.2.

Try this patched AppleHDA. Don't upgrade to 10.9.2 yet as it'll break audio.

That worked great, although I have to have it in Extra/Extensions instead of S/L/E.  It's working perfectly, so I'm not complaining.

As of now, 10.9.1 is working perfectly with one exception.  At work I use a docking station for the laptop, and I can't get VGA or DVI out through the dock.  I don't know if that's even possible.  How anyone tried using the Dell docking station with their hackintosh?

• Moderators

That worked great, although I have to have it in Extra/Extensions instead of S/L/E.  It's working perfectly, so I'm not complaining.

As of now, 10.9.1 is working perfectly with one exception.  At work I use a docking station for the laptop, and I can't get VGA or DVI out through the dock.  I don't know if that's even possible.  How anyone tried using the Dell docking station with their hackintosh?

Vga won't work unless you have a patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB. DVI should work. Where did you get your DSDT?

This is in reference to posts # 31 & 32. I had the VoodooHDA installed sound worked great, also could not change volume from max. I removed all the VoodooHDA, rebooted no sound. I then put the AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E. I downloaded the Mavericks Update 10.9.4 from link in #32 Update. I also add to org.chameleon.boot.plist, HDAEnabler, Yes; as mentioned in 10.9.2 of update. I also searched for AppleHDADisabler.kext not on system. NO Sound any feedback would be appreciated.

I am running Mavericks 10.9.5 on E5520:

Intel Core i5-2520M, 2,5 GHz CPU;

Intel HM65, Intel Sandy Bridge chipset;

8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM;

Intel HD 3000 1366x768 graphics.

Thanks

Hello,

a new EFI Firmware update 2.7  is showing up on the Appstore.  I obviously should not run that as I have a dell.  But the update is getting on my nerves. How can I get rid of it?

Rightclick and hide the update is not working...

Someone an idea?

regards,

Madmax