Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

Dear All, I need some help:

I am installing 10.8 on E6400 with nvidia. I made USB installer with myhack. added:

- Bootpack for M4300

- IOPCIFamily.kext

- Modified Nvidia kexts

installation starts and then (before apple grey screen) turns into black.

if I use 'Graphics Enabler=yes' then i can get to grey screen with apple logo, and then KP.

i tried different settings in bios - the same.

any advice? thanks a lot!

it boots and then the screen turns in black. I can see that booting continues (led of usb drive is flashing) but nothing on the screen.

I'm sorry, I've been away for a few days and just read your posts. When you created your installer, did you remember to 1. Click on backup replaced kexts when adding the IOPCIFamily.kext and 2. Run My fix (from the my hack utility) after installing, remembering to choose the installer as being where you are running the my fix on. Then aften installing the three Edited NVIDIA kexts, again choosing to back them up in Kext Wizard and running both Extra and S/L/E repair under the maintenance tab? Failure to run my fix (and making sure it is on the installer, not the hard drive) after IOPCIFamily.kext and running Maintenance after 3 Edited NVIDIA kexts (again, make sure it is on the installer) will cause issues with your installation. Also, make sure you are REPLACING the kexts, not adding additional kexts! Let us know how it works.

Thanks Darvinko!

I followed all steps carefully, still black screen...

Do i need to use the 4300 bootpack?

it is listed under necessary things but later no instructions about it...

thanks again

I'm sorry, I've been away for a few days and just read your posts. When you created your installer, did you remember to 1. Click on backup replaced kexts when adding the IOPCIFamily.kext and 2. Run My fix (from the my hack utility) after installing, remembering to choose the installer as being where you are running the my fix on. Then aften installing the three Edited NVIDIA kexts, again choosing to back them up in Kext Wizard and running both Extra and S/L/E repair under the maintenance tab? Failure to run my fix (and making sure it is on the installer, not the hard drive) after IOPCIFamily.kext and running Maintenance after 3 Edited NVIDIA kexts (again, make sure it is on the installer) will cause issues with your installation. Also, make sure you are REPLACING the kexts, not adding additional kexts! Let us know how it works.

Thanks Darvinko!

I followed all steps carefully, still black screen...

Do i need to use the 4300 bootpack?

it is listed under necessary things but later no instructions about it...

thanks again

I'm not sure what is causing the Black Screen, one member had an issue with it and I believe a re-install worked for him. I, as well as others have used the M4300 bootpack successfully. It is the extra folder that you will use when you get toward the end of installation. Do you get far enough along in the installation to where you are asked if you want to use a generic extra or your own?