Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

I have a E6400 with a Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card, It worked with lion using Broadcom 43xx family kext.

My question is should i use the broadcom 43x family kext or the IO80211Family.kext as instructed in the beginning of this forum? If i need to i can purchace a different wifi card if another would be faster. Wifi will be my primary means of accessing the internet.

Thanks for this thread. My condolescenes on your loss Darvinko.

So I'm unable to get to the install screen, I get a kernel panic ...

I believe it stops here :

Kext com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily not found.

Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform - failed to resolve library dependencies.

Couldn't allocate class "AppleACPIPlatformExpert"

..... /kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1546

I tried with -v -x, to o avail.

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

Thanks for this thread. My condolescenes on your loss Darvinko.

So I'm unable to get to the install screen, I get a kernel panic ...

I believe it stops here :

Kext com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily not found.

Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform - failed to resolve library dependencies.

Couldn't allocate class "AppleACPIPlatformExpert"

..... /kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1546

I tried with -v -x, to o avail.

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

Did you replace the IOPCIFamily.kext on the installer with the netkas's/the one mentioned in the first post?

Hi all,

I am setting up another E6400 HacBook for a friend and don't know why on earth Bluetooth doesn't work.

According to most of you, it should work natively, but it doesn't seem to do so for me. I tried re-installing (3 times) and using the DellBluetoothHCI.kext from Lion also, but it didn't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks for the help, had the opportunity to spend the day with a Grand-Niece. I can assume that the Bluetooth was working in windows prior to ML installation, so we can rule out card and connections? If so, try going into system preferences and see if the bluetooth card is being recognized, and if so check vendor and device id's to see if maybe Dell used some from another vendor.

No problem.

The card does work fine under windows and the device and vendor ids match up with the 370 (or 377; can't remember whichever one was mentioned in this thread).

The card doesn't show up under system preferences but there is a PCI Serial Adapter...

I'm going to try with pcirootuid=0 or 1 and see if it changes anything tomorrow...

Thanks again, Darvinko

I have a E6400 with a Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card, It worked with lion using Broadcom 43xx family kext.

My question is should i use the broadcom 43x family kext or the IO80211Family.kext as instructed in the beginning of this forum? If i need to i can purchace a different wifi card if another would be faster. Wifi will be my primary means of accessing the internet.

It depends on your router. If you have an n speed router, both cards will work, but the 1397 is a g speed card, the 1510 is an n speed card (and works OOB), so you are better able to take advantage of the routers capability. Since routers are backward compatible, your 1397 will work, but at g speeds. You will need the IO80211Family.kext because other kexts have dependencies on it, namely the AppleAPCIPlatform.kext.

-x gives black screen as well ;-(

I was getting the black screen as well, but I switched from using the bootpack from the M4300 to the Lion bootpack of the E6400. Dont forget yo make the changes to the plist file. This worked for me and allowed me to install. I have not done anymore, though I think sleep is working and the computer may be overheating.

Good luck.

I was getting the black screen as well, but I switched from using the bootpack from the M4300 to the Lion bootpack of the E6400. Dont forget yo make the changes to the plist file. This worked for me and allowed me to install. I have not done anymore, though I think sleep is working and the computer may be overheating.

Good luck.

Overheating has been noted by many, including true Mac users. It would appear to be an issue within Mountain Lion, something we anticipate Apple will address in an update.