Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

Does anyone know how to get the correct keyboard selected in System Preferences?

I get the Your Keyboard Cannot Be Identified message.

I click Skip to go past it and select ANSI (United States and Others).

All works fine, except the tilda key is unavailable to me, instead I get this character showing §

I would like the tilda key for work in Terminal.

CP

Does anyone know how to get the correct keyboard selected in System Preferences?

I get the Your Keyboard Cannot Be Identified message.

I click Skip to go past it and select ANSI (United States and Others).

All works fine, except the tilda key is unavailable to me, instead I get this character showing §

I would like the tilda key for work in Terminal.

CP

Although there is not a Mac internal way, there is a program (untested by Me) that might help. Search for: KeyRemap4MacBook It supposedly will allow remapping of keys

couple of issues I was wondering if anyone else has had or knows how to correct.

The first is a lot of times the system wont restart or shut down, it just stays at a grey screen and if you just press the power button you get a log on screen. The only solution is to power down by holding the power button.

The second is that no matter how many times I run disk utility and repair permissions it says

Permissions differ on “usr/bin/tarâ€; should be lrwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired “usr/bin/tarâ€

I updated my test partition on ML today to 10.8.1 and it said an unexpected error had accrued and that the update could not be installed. I chose restart and let it do it's thing, it went to a spinning wheel for a bit and the in rebooted. All went well my about this mac now says 10.8.1

Good Luck

I updated my test partition on ML today to 10.8.1 and it said an unexpected error had accrued and that the update could not be installed. I chose restart and let it do it's thing, it went to a spinning wheel for a bit and the in rebooted. All went well my about this mac now says 10.8.1

Good Luck

Thank You for letting us know, details on updates are always appreciated. Always a good idea to repair permissions after an update, especially one for the OS.

Twinflyer, I also ran the 10.8.1 update, with exactly the same result, error message, rebooted to installed update. Even reran software update to see "No Updates Available". I seem to remember the first page of "About This Mac" showing the update (as in 10.8.1), but is shows "Startup Disk 10.8" and the second page shows 10.8.1. Now let's see if Battery Life really is improved. Also, to respond to your earlier question, I too get the same permission repair each time I run it. This time (after the update), was no different - same repair as yours.

Did you guys do anything to Sleepenabler.kext prior to the update? How does sleep function for you post update?

I do not use Sleepenabler.kext, I just use sleep to RAM, since I am often on multiple computers during the day. My time has been occupied recently by trying to hack an AMD Gateway desktop from a few years back