Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

Another head-scratcher, because I was able to update to 10.8.2 without any issues. I also have the same setup in this thread. Tried the combo update on one E6400 and the App store update on another -> both went fine (though the App store update did give the installation failed error but it didn't seem to matter upon reboot). Just ran update(s) and rebooted w/o issues. I didn't get the Voodoo KP like most do because I'm using AppleHDADisabler.kext. I didn't have to replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext (because it's already in the myHack.kext).

After re-install, still an issue, even without the VoodooHDA.kext loaded. However, this time KP after stall at IOBluetoothHCIController - started - completed. I don't remember whether I reverted to the original AppleACPIPlatform.kext or I may have kept the modified one (since it wasn't an issue at the time). I may have to attempt to replace that to see if that is an issue as I see where some feel it impacts the timings on boot.

After re-install, still an issue, even without the VoodooHDA.kext loaded. However, this time KP after stall at IOBluetoothHCIController - started - completed. I don't remember whether I reverted to the original AppleACPIPlatform.kext or I may have kept the modified one (since it wasn't an issue at the time). I may have to attempt to replace that to see if that is an issue as I see where some feel it impacts the timings on boot.

What version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext are you using? I'm using 1.3.5 (probably from SL 10.6.7). I didn't replace anything in S/L/E. Everything is under E/E and used myFix to create myHack.kext.

Also noticed another anomaly today w/ 10.8.2. Sleeps still works for me after the update, but upon waking the graphics are all scrambled. Noticed that the nVidia kexts have been updated in 10.8.2 so edited the Info.plist files again in the 3 new nVidia kexts (GeForce, NVDANV50Hal, NVDAResman) and now things are back to normal.

For those that have successfully updated to 10.8.2, can you test sleep/wake and see if you have this situation?

What version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext are you using? I'm using 1.3.5 (probably from SL 10.6.7). I didn't replace anything in S/L/E. Everything is under E/E and used myFix to create myHack.kext.

Also noticed another anomaly today w/ 10.8.2. Sleeps still works for me after the update, but upon waking the graphics are all scrambled. Noticed that the nVidia kexts have been updated in 10.8.2 so edited the Info.plist files again in the 3 new nVidia kexts (GeForce, NVDANV50Hal, NVDAResman) and now things are back to normal.

For those that have successfully updated to 10.8.2, can you test sleep/wake and see if you have this situation?

Not at home at the moment, but will be trying the AppleACPIPlatform.kext when I go home. Thanks for the heads up on the NVidia kexts - I had read on another forum that they were a problem, but without any details. After I test, if that resolves the issue I'm having also, I'll add to the Guide, with links to the edited kexts (and credit to you - THANKS!).

Not at home at the moment, but will be trying the AppleACPIPlatform.kext when I go home. Thanks for the heads up on the NVidia kexts - I had read on another forum that they were a problem, but without any details. After I test, if that resolves the issue I'm having also, I'll add to the Guide, with links to the edited kexts (and credit to you - THANKS!).

A bow to you, Mr. DaFOB. I swapped out my AppleACPIPlatform.kext and edited my three NVidia kexts as per your post and Viola!, I have my ML Partition back. Leave it to Apple to bring back an old Nemesis, the ol' NVidia kext in a different costume. I will post the fix in the Installation guide, giving proper credit where it is due. THANKS AGAIN.

A bow to you, Mr. DaFOB. I swapped out my AppleACPIPlatform.kext and edited my three NVidia kexts as per your post and Viola!, I have my ML Partition back. Leave it to Apple to bring back an old Nemesis, the ol' NVidia kext in a different costume. I will post the fix in the Installation guide, giving proper credit where it is due. THANKS AGAIN.

Hey Darvinko,

Glad it worked out for you. And no thanks/credits necessary -- just doing my part and returning the favor, since you guys were the ones that started the ball rolling on getting ML on the E6400/E6500. This collective effort thing has worked out rather nicely... :P

With all the work that's been done in this thread, still kinda surprised that there's no "official" ML boot pack for the E6400/E6500 posted on the boot packs downloads page. I'm guessing the mods have been busy working on other wonderful things behind the scenes.

Back to enjoying ML... (that is, until 10.8.3)

Hey Darvinko,

Glad it worked out for you. And no thanks/credits necessary -- just doing my part and returning the favor, since you guys were the ones that started the ball rolling on getting ML on the E6400/E6500. This collective effort thing has worked out rather nicely... :P

With all the work that's been done in this thread, still kinda surprised that there's no "official" ML boot pack for the E6400/E6500 posted on the boot packs downloads page. I'm guessing the mods have been busy working on other wonderful things behind the scenes.

Back to enjoying ML... (that is, until 10.8.3)

I agree, working together has benefited all of us and spared others some of the trails and tribulations, or provided solutions for common problems. I noticed in your signature you have updated a D430 to 10.7.5, I have one plus the E6500 that needed updating, was that uneventful for you?

Ehh... I'm still using Lion here. I need to migrate my files to my unused ML partition, but Apple doesn't let you resize your startup partitions, so I can't get anything done. Guess I have to wait until I can find a hard drive big enough to perform a Time Machine backup.

I agree, working together has benefited all of us and spared others some of the trails and tribulations, or provided solutions for common problems. I noticed in your signature you have updated a D430 to 10.7.5, I have one plus the E6500 that needed updating, was that uneventful for you?

Please see here.

Hi guys,

Let me say your work here is awesome. I have a Dell E6500 running 10.8.2 I am having the video glitch but not with sleep just when I have a second monitor. I am trying the new NVidia Kext and will post if it takes care of it. My question is with what OSX thinks my compter is and the processor speed. it says under about his mac that i have 13in macbook pro with 2.01 dual core, but i have 2.26 dual core with a 15.4 in screen and idea how to fix this

Hi guys,

Let me say your work here is awesome. I have a Dell E6500 running 10.8.2 I am having the video glitch but not with sleep just when I have a second monitor. I am trying the new NVidia Kext and will post if it takes care of it. My question is with what OSX thinks my compter is and the processor speed. it says under about his mac that i have 13in macbook pro with 2.01 dual core, but i have 2.26 dual core with a 15.4 in screen and idea how to fix this

So i installed the new Kext and still have the video glitch and the sleep mode wake up problem. I used Kext utility to install and My Fix Full then restart. Any suggestions