Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

Hi,

I have a E6500 (same as your E6400 including Video card). How can I install ML 10.8.2 on it. Can you please point me to steps and any files.

Thanks In Advance.

Go to the first post in this thread. There is a comprehensive guide to installation.

Hi,

First post here, I have been using the guide in this thread and have great successes with my E6400. I am currently running ML 10.8.2 without issues except until today. I came across an issue that I don't think it has been brought up before but I hope someone can help.

I installed both Vmware Fusion 5.01 and VirtualBox 4.2.1 on this laptop and tried to setup "Bridge Network" on one of my VM. That did not go well. First, I cannot get any dhcp lease from my dhcp server, I tried to setup manual IP, that works but I cannot ping the gateway or any host on the network other than the IP address of the ML host.

If I set the Network Interface to NAT, I can ping the gateway and other host on the network without issues.

Hope someone has seen this before and provide some guidance to resolve this issues.

Thank you.

Darvinko, Thanks alot for composing such foolproof and single point of reference instructions. You did a very good job in composing the list. That worked flawlessly.

Thank You. Although I compiled it, there was a team effort that worked in everyone's best interest. It was constantly updated with their input.

I'm assuming you installed all three kexts that were in the folder, did you also attempt the other kext? Also your other issue is a cosmetic one. Those values are based on the Apple model used in your Extra/smbios.plist, that is the model used to set up your hackintosh. The issue is cosmetic and doesn't affect performance.

Darvinko,

I restored my 10.8.1 install from a backup then updated using the combo update. I then installed the three Nvidia Kext and the other Kext you mentioned. I still can't wake up from sleep properly. I noticed you recommended someone else to repair with Disk utility so I will try that and let you know how it goes. Thank you for all that you are doing in this community.

Thank You. Although I compiled it, there was a team effort that worked in everyone's best interest. It was constantly updated with their input.

On these models, true sleep generally doesn't appear to work. Some have indicated that it works for them, but I am not sure if it is true sleep. I use only sleep to ram, which serves my purposes. In this thread there are others who have offered suggestions on enabling sleep, you may want to try one (or more, if not successful) of those.

On these models, true sleep generally doesn't appear to work. Some have indicated that it works for them, but I am not sure if it is true sleep. I use only sleep to ram, which serves my purposes. In this thread there are others who have offered suggestions on enabling sleep, you may want to try one (or more, if not successful) of those.

I have noticed since updating to 10.8.2 my wifi dongle D-link DWA-131 repeatedly drops my connection. After resetting it in the software it is fine for awhile. Any thoughts

I have noticed since updating to 10.8.2 my wifi dongle D-link DWA-131 repeatedly drops my connection. After resetting it in the software it is fine for awhile. Any thoughts

I am personally not a fan of wireless dongles, particularly the minis as they tend to have limited range and are often more expensive than decent wireless cards. That being said, I have seen articles advocating using different USB ports with different rates of success, so you might try that. If you continue to have an issue, I would go with a Dell 1510 (search ebay for DW934, they are sometimes cheaper when listed that way).

Just wondering if this works on a E6420 with the Nvidia card (i7 processor) I have Lion 10.7 working perfectly well but am scared to rock the boat. I have cloned the hard drive so i do have a backup.

Also i haven't gotten round to upgrading the wireless card. can anyone suggest a card that i should buy from ebay that would work in both flavours (10.7.x and 10.8.x)

I look forward to being a part of this amazing community

thanks

Just wondering if this works on a E6420 with the Nvidia card (i7 processor) I have Lion 10.7 working perfectly well but am scared to rock the boat. I have cloned the hard drive so i do have a backup.

Also i haven't gotten round to upgrading the wireless card. can anyone suggest a card that i should buy from ebay that would work in both flavours (10.7.x and 10.8.x)

I look forward to being a part of this amazing community

thanks

The architecture of this is different than yours, so it would most likely not work without modification (different processor, graphics card...). There is a post here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1109-e6420-research-thread/ by member Stork using an alternate method you might want to view. He also makes suggestions for wireless card replacement.