Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

Frankly, that one has me stumped. I tried using a different method to install ML on an HP DC7900 desktop and continually got that error. I tried using different USB's, different OS images, doing security wipes of the hard drive (in case there were remnants of a previous install), booting the installer with different boot flags, etc., all with no luck. The only thing I could find was real Mac users got around it resetting PRAM on their machines. The only things I might suggest are 1. re-downloading the ML image (especially if from a torrent). 2. Re-create your boot stick or, 3. if possible, install using another machine and move the hard drive to your machine. Make sure your machine has the proper settings as outlined in the guide.

Darvinko,

I did get ML installed. I sold the E6400 with Intel graphics and bought an E6400 with nVidia graphics just to make my life easier. Using the same myHack USB as before, the nVidia one got the same install error "nssoftlinking - the librarian framework's library couldn't be loaded from (null)" immediately after starting the install process. Here's what I can rule out as the culprit of the error - the 10.8.2 DMG file and the USB thumb drive manufacturer (Kingston) since they're constant on both attempts. There are two things that changed in my setup that could point to the reason why I eventually got it working. I originally tried creating the myHack USB using a Dell D620 running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. By creating the myHack USB on a borrowed MacBook Air running ML 10.8.2 without resetting the PRAM (since I have no clue what it is anyway), the myHack USB eventually worked on the Dell E6400. Net, the change to ML from SL, running on a true Mac, or both while creating the USB thumb drive eventually fixed the "nssoftlinking - the librarian framework's library couldn't be loaded from (null)" problem. If I get more time, I may recreate the myHack USB boot drive using the newly minted E6400 with ML 10.8.2 to see if I can rule out one more variable - the MBA.

Thanks again for your help,

Cuong

Darvinko,

I did get ML installed. I sold the E6400 with Intel graphics and bought an E6400 with nVidia graphics just to make my life easier. Using the same myHack USB as before, the nVidia one got the same install error "nssoftlinking - the librarian framework's library couldn't be loaded from (null)" immediately after starting the install process. Here's what I can rule out as the culprit of the error - the 10.8.2 DMG file and the USB thumb drive manufacturer (Kingston) since they're constant on both attempts. There are two things that changed in my setup that could point to the reason why I eventually got it working. I originally tried creating the myHack USB using a Dell D620 running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. By creating the myHack USB on a borrowed MacBook Air running ML 10.8.2 without resetting the PRAM (since I have no clue what it is anyway), the myHack USB eventually worked on the Dell E6400. Net, the change to ML from SL, running on a true Mac, or both while creating the USB thumb drive eventually fixed the "nssoftlinking - the librarian framework's library couldn't be loaded from (null)" problem. If I get more time, I may recreate the myHack USB boot drive using the newly minted E6400 with ML 10.8.2 to see if I can rule out one more variable - the MBA.

Thanks again for your help,

Cuong

I, and everyone else who uses this forum, appreciate your input. Ironically, when I was setting up my HP DC7900, I was using my hackintosh (my E6500) which was running 10.8.x (I think I had upgraded to 10.8.2 at the time, but I honestly don't remember), so I'm not certain if the OS version is responsible, or another variable. That being said, any further update which might shed additional light on the issue will also be appreciated. Thanks again for the input.

PRAM - parameter random-access memory is stored on a small section of your memory, and contains information about system settings, including things such as your startup disk. It varies from model to model and with devices attached, so it is conceivable that the PRAM configuration (or location) was different (and as a result, not accessible) from the model you created the stick on to the model you are installing in on.

Hi I am new here and love all the great info posted. I have a E6500 and followed the steps in the guide for ML on E6400 in 5 steps (it says may work on E6500 as well) to setup my system everything works but Bluetooth and Wireless. I don't care about Bluetooth but it is not detected. Wireless is my issue. I have tried both IO80211Family.kext & Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext installed into S/L/E I have done a full Fix and rebooted after trying both kext still no wireless. The Switch is on, wireless and bluetooth work in Windows and Linux. Bios is A27 When I look in Network it shows Ethernet and Firewire but that is all. If I boot verbose I dont see errors but it goes by very fast. Options are on in the Bios. Can someone Please guide me of let me know any other info that is needed. Also I am on ML 10.8 and I built the My Hack with a legit copy bought on the App Store. Thanks for any help.

Thanks but it was answered in another topic, I have an Intel card and it will not work from what I am told

go to ebay. Buy a 1390 Dell min-pci wireless card. replace the 5100/5300 you have. Done. NO kext needed. It is supported natively.

I bought like 5 of them, you just never know...