Dell D630 Keyboard + Trackpad

seb43654

Hi,

So i managed to get mountain lion installed, and ran EDP.

Everything works BUT trackpad + keyboard which is most annoying. I have tried with option 0 and 4 with EDP with no success.

Any tips on how to get them to work?

Thanks,

Seb

i managed to get keyboard working with option 0, but trackpad did random movements and was unusable.

I havent added any more kexts other than using edp.

I will try another re-install, thanks for the advice!!

Hi,

I have tried all the different options in EDP for the PS2 kext and none work?!?! I must be doing something wrong as others seem to get it working fine.

After i install aswell, the myhack doesn't go further than regenrating system caches - waiting for kernelcache, which takes 90/100% of CPU usage.

Maybe its becuase i am using Mountain Lion GM rather than retail version?

Thanks,

Seb

FIXED IT!!!!

Because myhack only got so far with the myfix, it didn't get to merging the extra extensions with system extensions.

I manually copied the ApplePS2 kext into system extensions, and bam, worked a treat, i even have 2 finger scrolling etc!!!

Mountain lion is now working fine on my D630, not sure whether to make another guide or not, as it was much simpler than lion install - should I?

Thanks,

Seb

FIXED IT!!!!

Because myhack only got so far with the myfix, it didn't get to merging the extra extensions with system extensions.

I manually copied the ApplePS2 kext into system extensions, and bam, worked a treat, i even have 2 finger scrolling etc!!!

Mountain lion is now working fine on my D630, not sure whether to make another guide or not, as it was much simpler than lion install - should I?

Thanks,

Seb

sometimes, the PS2 files need to be in the S/L/E to make them work