Dell Latitude 7490: building OpenCore EFI for Big Sur

VRdP

• Moderators

The error occur way above this message, if you could capture that in a video, it'll be more helpful.

What type of drive does the system have?

Did you check to see if they are Apple compatible as some models like NVMe Samsung PM981, PM981a, PM991 are not compatible.

Hello @quynkk5 and @Jake Lo!
Thank you both very much for your help.
I tried the second version of the 7490 EFI shared by @quynkk5. This time it did boot onto the OS Recovery, but a couple of strange things happened:

1- When opening the Disk Utility for erasing the hard drive, even when I click on View - Show All Devices, my hard drive is not shown.

2- The trackpad does not work. However, if I connect an external USB mouse, it works perfectly.

3- Even when the trackpad does not work, if I wait for the keyboard lights to go off, when I put my finger on the trackpad the keys backlights turn on again.

Any clue on how to fix 1 and 2 would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Yes. You can use OpenCore Configurator instead of ProperTree.
Place VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext, make a clean snapshot but DISABLE THIS KEXT VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/Plugin/VoodooInput.kext

Otherwise, you can follow Olarila I2C Patch Tutorial: https://www.olarila.com/topic/5644-enable-i2c-trackpad-voodooi2c-not-a-guide-not-really/
and, did you try my EFI on Dell 3390 :D?