Dell Latitude 7490: building OpenCore EFI for Big Sur

VRdP

• Moderators

Yes, but make sure to disable one of the *input.efi as I mentioned above

Actually you could use the 1 set of files, just disable one of the *input.efi in the Config 

Guys, no need to quote on each reply, just click on reply to this topic below.

The 7490 did boot to the online usb installer. I connected to WiFi, erased the hard drive, partitioned for installing Windows on the other partition and began installing. After the screen which shows a hard drive, a blue progress bar and the time remaining, the PC should boot to the apple logo with the time remaining below. But after the apple logo appears, instead of showing time remaining the pc resets itself and begins the whole process again.
Has anybody heard of something that strange?
@quynkk5, @Jake Lo, @Hervé, any ideas on why could it be booting to the download part of the installation but not to the part with the apple logo and the time remaining below?
Feels like I'm so close, yet so far too...

Edited by VRdP

• Administrators

it might be trying to update the non existent apple mac firmware. if using OC there is option to not allow it as we do not need that on a hack. i don't recall what it is off the top of my head but it's in the OC documentation.

On 7/9/2021 at 10:55 PM, quynkk5 said:

Why don't you use macOS Offline Installer from Olarila?

I tried, and the laptop reboots itself a few seconds after choosing the offline installation USB to boot from in the OpenCore picker.

I am absolutely frustrated, I feel I've tried everything and still no luck.

I ovbiously need help from someone who really knows what hackintoshing is all about.

Up to now, the closest I feel I've been to hackintoshing my Latitude E7490 with Intel i7 8650U cpu is with the EFI provided by @quynkk5 which covers the first part of the online installation (fails after first reboot) and has not made the trackpad operative.

Please, I beg anyone reading this to try to prepare an OpenCore EFI Folder and sharing it with me. On my own, there's nothing else I think I can do. The Hardware is the following:
Processor: Intel i7 8650U @1.9 MHz

WiFi: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

Ethernet: Intel I219-LM
Intel Bluetooth
Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620

Sound: Realtek ALC3246

Hard drive:Toshiba 512GB SSD

Firmware version 01.19.0

I would be really thankful if someone could build and share with me a working EFI folder for this laptop.

Thank you very much in advance.

47 minutes ago, Bronxteck said:

it might be trying to update the non existent apple mac firmware. if using OC there is option to not allow it as we do not need that on a hack. i don't recall what it is off the top of my head but it's in the OC documentation.

Thank you, I found the two options you refer two which should be handled in tandem, and they were OK.
If you are kind of expert, I would muy appreciate your help building a working EFI folder for this laptop and sharing it with me.

On 7/11/2021 at 6:33 PM, Jake Lo said:

With Olarila's boot disk, make sure you replace the EFI with quynkk5's EFI

Hello @Jake Lo!
I did that, using mountEFI and replacing the one on the USB with that of @quynkk5, and the result was the following (you can see it on a video I captured here).
1- The bootpicker appeared.
2- I chose "Install macOS Big Sur".

3- The verbose began.

4- At some point it got trapped in an infinite loop which can be seen at the end of the video.

Anyone who can help me solve this please? 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻