Dell Latitude 7490: building OpenCore EFI for Big Sur

VRdP

Thank you @Bronxteck for your reply.
I've successfully hackintoshed 3 other computers, and have seen the multiple reboots in all of them.

The difference is that when everything goes OK, after reboot, you boot from the drive where the macOS is being installed.
In this case, when I managed to boot the online installation usb, after downloading it resets, tries to boot from the installation drive, immediately resets again and then in the OpenCore picker if I continue to choose to boot from the installation drive it leads to nothing, it always resets itself, leaving me with the only option of starting the process all over.

Edited by VRdP
Correction of imprecise information

hello to all contributors,
i have the same hardware as VRdP:
Dell Latitude 7490
CPU Intel i7 8650U Kaby Lake R 8. gen
GPU Intel UHD Graphics 620
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

As described, I used the image from Olarila to populate the installation stick. Then I copied the EFI folder from quynkk5 to the EFI partition, did an nvram-reset and booted.
I lift the same error as described in the video of VRdP.
Disabling the voodoo components in config.plist does not bring success.
I have tried this with several different USB sticks.

Then I deleted the sticks, created with the terminal Big Sur installation sticks and copied again the EFI of quynkk5. Unfortunately with the same result.

Is there any other way to install Big Sur or Monteray on a 7490 (not E7490)?

@quynkk5 I confirm your EFI is working perfectly under Big Sur 11.4 on my 7490. I tried to workaround the trackpad buttons with Karabiner and actualy they work BUT the trackpad got super messy...Is there any way to exclude the trackpad from the rules in Karabiner ? I tried editing the xml file but no luck. If there's a way to exclude the trackpad from Karabiner that would be sweet 100% working Dell 7490 with Big Sur :)

Hello quynkk5,
I downloaded the Olarila image from again with another PC and installed it on the stick. Then copied your EFI folder from

- Dell E7490: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmHnQsJK7vXsiVxAsbUX-ZV0l3BJ?e=O0K3XP

booted, did an nvram-reset, booted and waited.
And (big joy) installed Big Sur. with a USB mouse.
Thank you very much.

WLAN and BT have started working after one or two more restarts with nvram-reset.

Unfortunately, some things still don't work.
- sound
- microphone

- sleep

can you give me another tip?

Hello Baio77,
Thank you very much for your support.

Have now tried the following:

1. BIOS settings like: https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/11477-7490-bios-settings/?tab=comments#comment-90318
2. copied your EFI folder to internal SSD.
3. started
4. nvreset
5. started

Result: no sound, no touchpad, no sleep, no Thunderbolt

started another time with nvram-reset no success.

Does it make sense to do a complete reinstall with your EFI?

here still the ioreg with your EFI

MacBook Pro von Birne-Bajo77.ioreg