Dell Latitude 7490: building OpenCore EFI for Big Sur

VRdP

• Administrators

Whilst I can understand @Baio77's desire for a single unified patching SSDT (it looks nice and simple), to me it's a kind of step back because it totally hides what patches are applied without looking into the SSDT and it makes ACPI troubleshooting much more difficult. Dedicated specifically-named SSDTs have the advantage of being readily identifiable in terms of patches and can easily be individually enabled/disabled for troubleshooting. Now I say this, I say nothing of course...

Here it is... I think we should focus on fixing the glitch as it is the major problem here. Minor problems - sleep sometimes works, sometimes not...lid close/open doesn't work as expected. SD card reader not working, but it's not a big deal.

PS - I can buy trackpad (palmrest) from 7470, is it possible to switch with the one inside 7490 or it's different size ?

IMG_20210728_141542.jpg

In the last EFI mi replace the Configplist, EFI-OC the path

config.plist.zip

In the last EFI I passed you, I put SSDT GPRW, it should fix the list problems and add Kext for SD reader

1119786447_Schermata2021-07-28alle14_19_16.png.bda268b60d4af7946537ce5e111e5f54.png

These are the kext I put you in EFI, USBMap.Kext is missing you have to do the mapping of the connectors, this helps to solve the problems mentions, in addition on Hackintool Power section you must have the green bars, in case you help with the screwdriver

921499799_Schermata2021-07-28alle14_21_33.png.ad97e8e8c3c176bd7abcefa56d690124.png

1068245451_Schermata2021-07-28alle14_23_22.png.90908fb943b9670cf476ccb42d63c7ed.png

SOLVED!

@Baio77 - You are THE man! Everything is working with the latest fixes. No screen glitches, SD card reader working, sleep lid close/open working! Thanks a lot!

Now is the time to dig into touchpad replacing. Any tips are appreciated. 

Here's my EFI:

Dell 7490 BigSur 11.5.1.zip

PS - Okay, tested everything. One minor bug probably related to the USB mapping I needed earlier. After sleep the sound from the headphones jack is distorted also the main sound from the speakers stops on random moments (watching youtube video for example) and comes back right after I open System Preferences/Sound/Input ... had this on my Latitude 5450, don't remember how I fixed it. This happened when changing the SMBIOS, UUID, Serial etc. Installed CodeCommander and didn't help sooo I gues I need some kick to map the USB's. 

Thanks guys for your support!

Touchpad is perfectly working. I want to make touchpad buttons working and the only way is to replace the touchpad. Karabiner Elements is able to activate the buttons but the touchpad got supper messy, I don't know how to exclude the touchpad from the rules.