Dell Latitude 7490: building OpenCore EFI for Big Sur

VRdP

Hello Baio77,
do you think it is possible to enable the Thunderbolt port?
I have already enabled it in the BIOS.
I currently have a WD15 connected to the USB-C port.
If the TB mode works, I would get a TB dock.
The touchpad buttons don't work for me either.
I am running the Dell 7490 BigSur 11.5.1.zip from Jazzoo. (with changed serial and uuid's).

• Like 1

Guys! I've been on vacations a couple of weeks and I am happy to see that some others had the same trouble as me and the community managed to help them.
Just to wrap up: can anybody please share with me the best (best=most devices working properly) Working EFI that I can paste onto Olarila's Big Sur 11.5.1 image and install on my Latitude 7490 with intel i7 8650U and UHD 620 graphics? I will obviously change the SMBIOS part of the config.plist file.
Thanks in advance!

On 7/19/2021 at 3:27 PM, Jake Lo said:

@Jake Lo I downloaded Olarila's Big Sur 11.5.1 image and Burnt it to a USB. Then replaced Olarila's EFI with this one you shared. I can't boot the installer... a few lines appear on the screen and after that the laptop restarts. I've been going crazy trying to hackintosh my Latitude 7490 for months now.

I think Big Sur 11.5.1 had not been released on July 19th, when you shared the EFI... is it possible that for 11.5.1 it needs some adjustments?

@Jazzoo Thank you for your recommendation. As I've stated on a different post (see here) I carried out an experiment which I think proved that my BIOS setup is OK.

I found a friend who owns a Latitude 7490 identical to mine. He paid a guy for hackintoshing it and is currently running Big Sur 11.1 I used his EFI folder on the EFI partition of a USB stick I prepared with Olarila's image (Big Sur 11.5.1) and went through the first part where I formatted the internal drive and then began copying all the files to it. But after the first reboot, when I chose to boot to macOS installer (what the first part left on my hard drive), after the apple logo appears on screen, the laptop suddenly resets itself and begins from zero the process with the recovery menu.
After that I swapped the hard drives and MY laptop booted with my friend's hard drive and everything worked fine.
This has made me think that maybe the EFI folder needs to be slightly different when you use Big Sur 11.1 than when you use 11.5.1 and was wondering if anyone could help me with the required modifications.

@JOAO NETO A friend of mine had a similar problem with his Dell 7490, even when he hadn't installed macOS to it. On Windows, after hitting "Shut Down", the shutting down message appeared with its typical dots circling around, then the screen went off and just when you would expect the laptop to switch off, it didn't. He just solved it keeping the top right power button for some seconds until it turns off.