AMD + ATI HD 5670

Dicarli

Hello there!

I always wanted to install MacOSX on my machine to try it out. Yesterday I downloaded the Snow Leopard 10.6 DVD and read lots of tutorials and guides on how to do so. This is my machine specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 960T

ATI Radeon HD 5670

Asus M5A78L-M LX

4gb Kingston 1333Mhz

I managed to successfuly install the 10.6 with Nawcom ModCD and Snow Leopard. Everything works fine, except that I had some problems to set up Chameleon at first, but then I managed to get it work and to boot up without the ModCD. On 10.6 my graphics were stuck at 1024x768 and I couldn't get hardware acceleration on it. I read somewhere that the ATI5xxx Controllers were only added on 10.6.7+.

Then, I downloaded the 10.6.7 Update ComboPack and installed it, together with Legacy Kernel for 10.6.7 and also used multifail to install the FakeSMC and IntelCPUPowerManagement kexts. Then rebooted. After that I couldn't get my machine to boot again, not even though the ModCD.

At first I thought it would be the IntelCPUPOwerManagement kext, so I reinstalled everything else and installed only the FakeSMC this time, but the system couldn't boot up either.

I already tried some flags on the boot to try it out, but had no success at all. I'm new to this so I'm not apart of how everything works.

Any help would be very very appreciated!

Just in case, I'll attach the message screen that I got upon boot.

post-5836-065914200 1343463770_thumb.jpg

post-5836-085977800 1343463809_thumb.jpg

Update: I managed to successfuly boot to 10.6.7 using my onboard graphics card (no graphics acceleration though). So, I guess this has something to do with my external ATI Radeon HD 5670, right?

I found the link to that on a fake piratebay site that asks for donation to download de .torrent. Could you send me the link through PM? Thanks.

Update2: After succesfuly booting on 10.6.7 with onboard card, I decided to update to 10.6.8 to check if graphics acceleration would work on the onboard card (which is an ATI Radeon HD3000). I managed to update it and it booted up normally, however there were not graphics acceleration.

I decided to put back my external card ATI Radeon HD 5670, and for my surprise the QE/CI was fully working and I got my full resolution.

It's ok now but if you could help me making it to work on the ATI HD3000 too, as if something happens, I'll have to install and upgrade using it again.

Thanks guys!