Latitude E5470: New battery drain problem

makuaz

Hello good afternoon, I have successfully installed macOS Big Sur 11.3 on my dell latitude e5470 with opencore 0.6.3..

So far everything works, mouse etc. these are my specs.

Dell Latitude e5470
SMBIOS: MacBookPro13,1
CPU: Intel i5-6440HQ (4) @ 2.60GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 520 (GT2)

RAM: 8GB

Hoping they could support me, the problem is the following:

I have changed the battery for a completely new and original one, I also bought a new charger, the battery in my opinion is out of calibration since it takes up to 2 hours to charge at 100%, after charging at 100% it drains very quickly even passing from 90% to 20% and reaches 1% lasting up to 1 hour on with 1%.

Now the battery indicates the following: "Maintenance Recommended"

Thank you very much in advance and greetings from Mexico

This is my EFI * Attachment

EFI : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/190EXLQK47UvxbICdfiL7y3rsf1Ifxn79?usp=sharing

Acpi.log * Attachment

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Mw2IhrNnc98DtF8RI_DIf2fBRVyOn9B/view?usp=sharing

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-12 at 09.58.03.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-12 at 09.58.07.jpeg

• Moderators

You should charge it to 100%

Then let it drain completely before charging again

https://accatech.com/calibrate-dell-laptop-battery/

By the way, your Config file under ACPI/Add does not correspond to the SSDT's you have in the ACPI folder.

i.e. missing SSDT-ALS0.aml, SSDT-DATA.aml, and SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml just to name a few.

Not sure how your system can boot successfully and not get an error message

Also I don't think this model has an I2C touchpad, so having voodooI2C is useless. Unless you have a touchscreen, even then, I believe that would be USB based.

@Jake Lo

Hello, thanks for answering!!! the battery problem then it must be a normal calibration? I mean, I shouldn't patch it up? Since when I bought it (used) I installed bigsur and it told me that I should replace the battery, I bought a new one and now after a few days of use it tells me that now I must replace the battery again

and second the system if it starts with errors at the beginning but it allows to enter without problem even if I install software and I am working with it and if in fact this model does not have a touch panel.

Do you think you could help me to correctly configure my ACPI with the corresponding SSDTs?

How do I share a video of how it starts?

Thank you very much for your valuable comments! they are very helpful

• Moderators

Compress the video and attach it here

Does your system have a discrete graphics card? if so, it might need to be disabled via SSDT patching.

Post an IOReg file for better troubleshooting using IORegistryExplore.app v2.1, not 3.0+

• Like 1

@Jake Lo Thank you so much! I will do the test shortly I hope not to be wrong since you will not believe me it took me 3 months to install everything and it will work except for the battery, I keep you informed I will dedicate all day to update open core🙏

@Jake Lo update :

good brother I have updated everything manually and I am 95% only that when I validate the config.plist with the oc validator I have an error I do not want to restart until repaired but I cannot find anything, this is the error:

OCS: Missing key Arch, context <Add>!
Serialisation returns 1 error!

@Jake Lo

Clever!!!! starts without problem everything works.

I am updated to oc 0.7.1 with updated drives with no errors in the config.plist

Just a few questions? Should I reset the NVRAM? Since now the boot menu does not appear "Reset NVRAM" and the battery, despite being completely new, continues to say "maintenance is recommended".

Where do I activate "reset NVRAM" in order to apply changes? since I don't see where it appears, I am attaching my config.plist.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-13 at 13.25.49.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-13 at 13.25.53.jpeg

config.plist.zip