D630 Mountain Lion

krzysztofc10

• Administrators

Dear krzy,

From our testing so far, ML can be installed. However, full graphics acceleration is not possible (or dare i say STILL). Its a hardware limitation. ML needs higher openGL.

Cheers!

I have D630 with Nvidia 135, can I get hardware acceleration with it?

More importantly, Is there any guide for how to install Mountain Lion? Or is it the same way as installing Lion?

EDP is compatible with both. I got a solid state drive coming in so I am going to give it a try. However without a guide or advice I doubt Ill be successful.

I got Lion working on D630 by using the pinned Lion topic in this forum and just recently did a successful AMD install on my GA-990XA-UD3 using the AMD guide on the site as well. Needless to say Im a huge fan of this site.

• Administrators

Dear sirking,

We have not done any testing on d630 nvidia yet. Give it a try and let us know. The method is similar to installing lion. Use myhack to prepare the usb installer, install bootpack and upon first boot install EDP.

Cheers!

• Administrators

Dear 456952,

Mountain lion is installable on d630 intel but no graphics acceleration as the built in graphics card is not supported. So its kind of pointless to upgrade beyond lion as mountain lion is all about better graphics and newer chipset support. Further, you cpu will run extremely hot without gpu handling all the graphics.

Cheers.