Dell D630 Mountain Lion Install Guide

seb43654

No Mountain Lion for Intel GMA models. Those GPU are not supported, so no acceleration and bad performance.

Thank you very much for your response.

So I should wait for new version or Mountain lion will never be good on D630 Intel?

How's that for development purposes only?

Firstly thank you for the great guide. All installed according to guide, even 10.8.1 got unexpected error but worked anyway.

Has anyone successfully got the Intel Wi-Fi working as my D630 has this card. If I go down the replcement route from ebay, what is best card and would I need to re-install from scratch or can I just swap the card and it will work?

Thanks.

Firstly thank you for the great guide. All installed according to guide, even 10.8.1 got unexpected error but worked anyway.

Has anyone successfully got the Intel Wi-Fi working as my D630 has this card. If I go down the replcement route from ebay, what is best card and would I need to re-install from scratch or can I just swap the card and it will work?

Thanks.

Hi, glad the installation went well, the 10.8.1 update error occurs even though the update works fine. It is to do with the mac not being able to locate a startup disk due to the SATA controller.

I dont think the intel wifi cards will work with OS X, for otb compatibility, get a Dell broadcom DW 1390 or 1490 mini PCI-e wifi card.

Seb

Unless someone makes a 64-bit natvice ext for the intel gpu, its not gonna work.

A shame, as they would be capable of running ML if but this limitation.

Seb

If I try to install the ML on Intel D630 where will I get stuck in between installation?

Thanks for the rapid response. Just ordered a DW1490 so hope it's easy to fit.

Just a quick one my keyboard works fine even though the " and @ are reversed, didn't have to install anything additional to get it working. Trackpad is very slow to respond though USB mouse works fine. Do I just need to copy the extra Kexts into the extensions to get it to work?

Thanks for the rapid response. Just ordered a DW1490 so hope it's easy to fit.

Just a quick one my keyboard works fine even though the " and @ are reversed, didn't have to install anything additional to get it working. Trackpad is very slow to respond though USB mouse works fine. Do I just need to copy the extra Kexts into the extensions to get it to work?

Yes, you just remove 3 screws on the keyboard, and have access to two mini lci-e cards and a ram slot under the keyboard. Its easy to do.

As for trackpad, try doing a full myfix, or adjusting the tracking speed in system preferences.

Seb