Dell D630 Mountain Lion Install Guide

seb43654

• Administrators

@n0yd: yes, you need a Mac/Hack (or access to one) to prepare your OS X installation media. Understood, you don't have that.

In that case, you can use the suggested path of a Virtual Machine from which you'll create your myHack installation media to subsequently follow our EDP procedure.

Alternatively, you can do a basic (uncomplete) SL installation with Nawcom's ModCD, from which you'll be able to create your myHack installation media. That alternative will only require a retail SL media (USB key or DVD) and the ISO image of ModCD burnt to a CD. That's downloadable off the Web (kexts.com, Nawcom's blog archive, etc.)

Thanks, Im not quite up pon a lot of the terms/slang you hguys use in the Hackintosh world. (Remember im mostly a straight Unix/Linux guy). So I? guess I will take a retail cd and install it to a VM, to create my haxintosh installable media, sound good?

\

Thanks for everything so far.

Sorry for double p[ost, but I lost all my high capacity USB sticks. So only storage I have are microsd cards anid external hyard drives which are all used, and I dont have any SD slotys on my D630 anyway. So I hope this will work making the install media onto regular DVD, not DVD-DL? Cause I have no dual layers.

Also I did some reading and it sounded like its actually easier just to use an earlier OSX version (I forget which, like two major releases ago) and just install off a Kalyway or other releasers DVD then just upgrade from that? Would that be faster than getting a retail DVD or vmware image (i was hoping to use vbox, but if vmware is a must i can live) and then makijng a hackintosh install media, etc? I dont really care all that much about l[atest and greratest version. I just want a neish version of OSX, and my hardware working. IIRC, I changed oput the mini-pci WiFi card, and I am using the Nvidia Quadro NVS 135, and I( think I can get bothj going at least on earlier versions, not sure about ML. Just checked, and yup I substituted out the broadcom which was giving me fits in Linux with a Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN. So if I can get graphics and wifi going via custom kexts I will be a happy puppy.

• Administrators

Do not use distros like the one you mention; we do not support that here. Use a legitimate copy of Mac OS X. You won't be able to use a regular DVD to create a myHack installation media, you need an external HDD or a USB key, all with 8Go minimum. Intel Wireless cards are not supported under Mac OS X, you'll need to revert to Broadcom unit.

Unless someone makes a 64-bit natvice kext for the intel gpu, its not gonna work.

A shame, as they would be capable of running ML if but this limitation.

Seb

I was able to use the 10.7 Bootpack Kext to install the Lo-Res (1280x800) and it worked just fine. When you say no acceleration, I'm not seeing any issues with/without it aside from Notifications, which has some glitches when I go to turn it off but that's it. Otherwise, it looks and acts just fine, no real slowness detected in general use. Works fine for me at least considering it's unofficial.

• Administrators

Something must have got lost in translation Skorpio...

You have the right D630 model for ML (after all, you're posting in a thread entitled "Dell D630 ML install guide - Nvidia model"). Just follow the EDP procedure and you'll be in business. As always, simply make sure you don't have an Intel Wifi card but a Broadcom (or Atheros) one.

Something must have got lost in translation Skorpio...

You have the right D630 model for ML (after all, you're posting in a thread entitled "Dell D630 ML install guide - Nvidia model"). Just follow the EDP procedure and you'll be in business. As always, simply make sure you don't have an Intel Wifi card but a Broadcom (or Atheros) one.

:)Thank you!

I'll try again. Principal that it must work. Contacting as successful! :D

Lion work just fine. ML I tried to install more than 10 times, but it will not. I looked Benchmark and D830 with my configuration run just 10.6.8." 10.6.8 D830: C2D T9500 2.6GHz, 4GB RAM". I suppose there is some catch. For now is not working.

Run 10.6 and 10.7. :(