Dell D630 Mountain Lion Install Guide

seb43654

Hi,

Glad you found the guide good! Yes due to the intel graphics which requires a 32-bit kext and ML is 64-bit only so it wont work.

Lion works just fine, and I honestly dont really use any of the new features in ML, I just like always being completely up-to-date smile.gif

Seb

finally found my post and your reply, lion seems to run really well now for me after i enabled ahci, don't know how it was disabled lol, netflix is still jittery, but other video sources seem fine.

is there no way to bypass the 64 arch type or convert the 32 bit driver over to 64?

also about the video stuff, i also disabled speedstep and all the other powersave features in bios, doubt that changed it much.

Hi Guys,

It is a useful guide & it is working well my side on Dell D630

1.8 GHz/RAM 2 GB/HDD 80 GB/ VGA NVS 135M “Runs as 8400GS :)â€

However, everything is fine expect one small thing I need your help with it. It’s the Intel 3945ABG Wi-Fi L, I could not find a driver for it :(

In addition, I need to update the OS to be 10.8.2, is there any suggestion to how to update? Alternatively, I should just run the Combo update then restart.

• Administrators

i think it is native... if i remember. if it does not show you need to activate and update the driver in windows 7 first so that it loads the firmware. then it should work in osx.... also check your bios maybe BT is off or the switch on the side