Dell D630 Mountain Lion Install Guide

seb43654

Coming to you again!

After countless attempts to install Lion Mountain, I stopped, still boot error. Snow Leopard install a breeze, no problem. I checked the bios. Installed with bootpack Extra (boot with text-verbose), then with the Extra forum guide.

The hardest thing, because even before the Mountain Lion has been installed on the same drive. I have a question: in Disk Utiliti not displayed in the Info Mount Point myHack Install from USB. From HDD shows Mount Point. I feel as if the bootloader is not installed on the disk. Someone has an idea?

Hervé, in the end I decided not to install Lion Mountain. No more nerves. Staying on Snow Leopard.

Can I report this as a bug, that someone sees what is going on and to possibly correct it.

For now, thank you and best regards!

I have ML installed on my D630c.  The procedure worked well.

However, I am having a problem with the App Store.  For some reason, it won't let me download some of my previously installed apps (I did a clean install so I don't know why it's not letting me).  Also, I cannot re-download the ML installer from the App Store.  It says that ML is not compatible with my system, which is obviously not the case since I am running 10.8.3.  Is this because my machine is listed as a Macbook 3.1 (which apparently is not supported).  

If so, could this be problem with the machine identifier in the plist file?

EDIT:  Apparently this is a problem with ML itself: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/84760/cant-download-mountain-lion-from-app-store-on-a-mac-already-running-mountain-li