Dell D630 Mountain Lion Install Guide

seb43654

That's normal: the bootpack (what you reverted to) only provides essentials and that does not include audio or battery kexts. Now that you're back on the machine, install Chameleon Wizard (update to latest version 4.2.x if offered to do so) and then install Chameleon v2248 or later through Install tab.

You should then be able to redo your EDP System Build and reboot safely.

Well I wish that was the case but not so. I've attached some screen shots. This is the same thing I've always gotten and I'm on the newest version of chameleon. Any ideas?

post-4953-0-82934700-1379455630_thumb.jpg

post-4953-0-41219000-1379455637_thumb.jpg

Try to boot with -f boot flag and UseKernelCache=No option; if you do boot ML, re-run myFix (full) to repair permissions and rebuild cache.

Thanks for trying to work with me. No change though. Still the same issue. I can only boot to os when I use the extras folder included in the tutorial.

Something is breaking when the EDP happens. Bummer

Still get Mach-0 bad magic number

• Administrators

Ha! That is kind of obsolete, we should probably archive that guide by now. Just follow the process documented in EDP pages at top of screen and use the booptack provided for the D630 nVidia. That will get you through without a problem.