jdc6799

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

when you are in chameleon you can enter text as a option... type:

-v

and hit enter - that will boot in verbose mode so that you can see what errors etc. you are getting

I booted with -v and the last line says:

BootCacheControl ; Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist ; 2 No such file or directory

Bug: launchctl.c:2400 (24957) :30: (dbfd = open (g_job_overrides_db_path, O_RDONLY | O_EXLOCK | O_CREAT, S_IRUSR| S_IWUSR)) !=1

Note: after -v keyboard works

Ok so it has been a few days and I have tried a few things I found from a quick Google search of the error above. From the searches it seems the issue is related to a kext that I am missing. At this point I am not sure where to go. I think I will try to install mountain lion instead of lion as the previous post seems to indicate it makes a difference. If anyone know how to fix the error I am having your imput is welcomed t

Thanks

Ok so I stayed up late tonight and made a new USB installer with OSX10.8. I tried to install and got a gray circle with a line. Booted with -v and got Still waiting for root device. I then googled the error and found this is a common problem. I used the disk utility to identify the disk type (disk2s1). Booted with rd=disk2s1. same error. Then tried several variation disk2, disk1, disk3s1, and so on still. no luck. Tried to boot with npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, and UseKernelCache=No, same error.

The hard drive is sata and I can not change the settings in the bios

Things from google I did not try because I do not know how:

Install ML.

replace the AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCI Family

remove orangeiconfix.kext

change the install location

Please help

Have tried everything I can find to fix the "still wait for root device" error.

The hard drive currently has a windows vista installed. I want install over it but it is not working. Does the hard drive need to be reformatted for mac (journaled?) before I can install on it?