osx lion or mountain lion dell d630c

Valluaho

Hi all! First, sorry for my english, bit rusty :-)

I have installed osx mountain lion as instructed by osxlatitude.com

First boot from ssd, had to use USB keyboard, then installed newest edp. Reboot and boot just hangs at voodoobattery.kext. removed voodoobattery.kext using terminal at installer, run myfix at end. Rebooted with -v and success!

Still, no sound and intel etherner adapter not found. Wifi works. Keyboard and touchpad not working. Managed to find right kexts from this forum and installed them, last i run myfix. Reboot and hang, reboot -v and success. Keyboard and touchpad working! No ethernet :'( installed edp and battery icon appeared. So voodoobattery.kext loaded. Reboot and voodoobattery.kext hang. Removed it.

then i reboot and very random hangs, no idea why. Sometimes right at the beginning and sometime at end.cannot get to login screen anymore.

My dell:

Dell d630c, bios A11 (newest)

Intel core 2 duo T9500

4gb ram one stick

Intel ssd

Intel e1000 ethernet

Broadcom wifi

Docked

What else do you need? I use ubuntu at my second dell so terminal commands are very easy :-)

One other thing. Last year i tried lion with same problems... lion worked but started to hang and last it did not boot at all...

Help please :-)

Try first to update your bios to A17 the easiest way is to install windows and run the .exe fron the dell support site,

second make sure in your bios your HD is switched to ACPI and not ATA ,.

and I usually always use the apple battery and keyboard option ,I tend to find less problems with this

but to each their own its all trial and error good luck

Ok, i re-installed ML and did not run EDP. Now i can boot and use ML.

Still, Intel Ethernet adapter does not work and i have no sound and battery stats.

If i install EDP, i know that it won't work. I think it has to be that EDP does not support Dell D630c model, only D630.

Any help getting my NIC, sound and battery work?

I've attached my system.log...

system.log.zip

• Administrators

If EDP is a no go for kexts installation, try and look for individual kexts on kexts.com. You just need to identify your H/W pieces, but on looking at the Dell on-line manual, they look the same as the standard D630 (Ethernet NIC + Audio).

Try to add the following kexts to /Extra/Extensions to start with:

VoodooBattery.kext.zip

AppleHDA.kext.zip

IOAudioFamily.kext.zip

If EDP is a no go for kexts installation, try and look for individual kexts on kexts.com. You just need to identify your H/W pieces, but on looking at the Dell on-line manual, they look the same as the standard D630 (Ethernet NIC + Audio).

VoodooBattery.kext.zip

AppleHDA.kext.zip

IOAudioFamily.kext.zip

No they are not the same. Windows 7 device manager shows intel E1000 Ethernet adapter, so does Ubuntu 12.04. Audio could be same. Dell D630c is configured for something "intel vPro" system management settings.

Here's drivers for Dell D630c

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/555/Index

btw, managed to install AppleE1000.kext from extracted EDP and network settings has Ethernet adapter, but it does not work. I can see MAC address but it does not get IP-address from DHCP server or if i use manual, it does not work. So something is wrong.

I will try your attached files tomorrow.

VoodooBattery.kext.zip

AppleHDA.kext.zip

IOAudioFamily.kext.zip

AppleHDA.kext and IOAudioFamily.kext did not work. I managed to copy EDP:s Dell D630 audio kexts and they are working.

I have not tried VoodooBattery.kext, yet.

AppleIntelE1000.kext does not work, NIC is shown but it does not work. Same to Intel82566GM.kext.

Any ideas?

I dont know if my DSDT:s are ok or not. They are standard myhack versions.

Could someone help me to build right DSDT file? Do i need it?