M4400: High Sierra install

Stefano62

• Administrators

I don't believe anyone posted a High Sierra guide (or any other version to that effect) for the Precision M4400 model in our Guides section. However, you may follow the process detailed in any existing High Sierra guide published in the aforementioned section. You'll just have to adjust the part relating to the pack by using the package you found. Given that the M4400 is an old late-Penryn C2D (FSB 1066MHz) laptop, you can have a look at my Latitude D630/D830 (nVidia) guides for High Sierra or any such guide for the E6400/E6500 (nVidia). The Precision  M4400 is effectively a Latitude E6500 with a more powerful Tesla dGPU.

Please post your full system's specs if you need further assistance.

I am trying to install high sierra and sierra on my dell M4400 peryn but I always encounter this error on all usb ports. I formatted on USB2 and tried to interpose a hub as well. I also tried with USBBusFix = Yes or USBLegacyOff = Yes but it always stops at the same point.

IMG_20210812_180413.jpg

• Administrators

These are Chameleon/Enoch boot args so not applicable to Clover or OpenCore if you're using one of those. So, please:

1. post your system's specs
  2. specify which bootloader and bootloader version you're using
  3. attach a zipped version of your bootloader folder (EFI for Clover/OpenCore, Extra for Chameleon/Enoch)

Your issue is indeed USB-related so you could try and boot off other USB ports but make sure you're using USBInjectAll kext. Of course, don't re-use any patched DSDT that comes from a different model.

Finally after several attempts I was able to install high sierra on the dell m4400 but after finishing the installation and loading boor on the hd and copying the kext of the package related to the dell to the efi folder, at restart it loads regularly but I no longer have trackpad keyboard and usb ports. I have already tried uploading USBEjectall.kext but with negative result.

Ok with a bit of effort but I managed to install high sierra 10.13.6. I used the Latitude D630 instructions and then used the kext package made available by Herve. After solving an initial problem booting from USB, everything works even though I think the audio clicks a little so I have to find some more updated kext. Thank you all for the help received.

IMG_20210817_102442.jpg