Dell Latitude D830 installer seems to boot up but crashes

Hey guys-

I'm installing Snow Leopard onto my system w/ the myhack instructions on this site. I followed them, and there were no errors during bootup. However when there is supposed to be a install screen, it doesn't pop up. here are the boot flags i tried after that: -f, -x, arch=i386, PCIRootUID=0

I also removed and added RAM and tried iFail (another installer that just results in "your computer needs to restart now")

Any help would be greatly appreciated I use this computer for schoolwork

I have a nvidia card that is relatively new (i'll give you the model once i can get the time to take my laptop apart) and an intel core duo processor.

• Administrators

Hi, not sure PCIRootUID option is valid with SL. I'd say it's more likely to be 'PciRoot' and it should probably be set to a non-zero value (say "PciRoot=1") as that is the default value.

Upon installation, you may try to reboot off your installation media in case Chameleon was not installed (or not installed properly) and press [ENTER] as soon as you see the scroll bar. Then choose your newly installed SL partition.

I take it you've used the correct BootPack at then end of myHack OS X installer procedure...

Are you doing your installation with a proper Retail SL image?

• Administrators

core duo or core 2 duo? makes a difference, lion and ml need core 2 duo cpu. but snow you should be ok i think on core duo. also try different usb ports and shut off wifi for initial instal BT also if you have it.