E7270 HDMI and screen brightness not working

elBuey

Hello everybody,

Using Jake Lo’s EFI folder posted here, I successfuly hackintoshed a Dell Latitude E7270.

However a couple of things are weird:

1- When plugging an external screen on the HDMI port nothing happens, it is as if the port was disabled.

2- When I turn on the laptop, the screen has a certain brightness. When I slide the brightness bar right to the top, the screen brightness increases. But when I slide it down it stays on maximum, until I reach the low end, and the backlight goes off. If I move the slider to the right again it goes from 0% to 100% at once.

3- If I put the laptop to sleep and wake it up, the brightness works fine, but the WiFi stops working.

Has anybody had similar issues and found a way to solve them? I would appreciate if you shared your solutions with me.

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

1st of all, post your specs so that we can ascertain your own situation, especially for wireless. You may also want to have a look at my E7270 guide to compare settings. I encounter none of the issues you've listed but I use far less kexts and a few more patched SSDTs of course.

• HDMI output always worked OOB for me (with the behaviour detailed in my guide) and I've only injected HDMI port type in order to gain HDMI audio output.
  • Screen brightness works with SSDT-PNLF.
  • Brightness keys work with the associated config settings + patched SSDT as detailed in a few posts and guide I posted.
  • Can't see why you'd lose wireless after wake but Jake's EFI folder appears to inject properties for a DW1820A and you may not have such a card.

Thanks for your reply, @Hervé!
Would you please share with me the link to the guide you refer to? I'd rather use OpenCore than Clover - is your guide oriented towards OpenCore users?
Indeed, I'm not using a DW1820A WiFi Card, I'm using an Intel Dual Band AC-8260 card. My specs are the following:

- Processor: Core i7-660U @2.6 GHz
- RAM: 24 GB DDR4-2133 MHz

- Video: Intel HD 520

- Display: 1920x1080 touchscreen (touch not working under macOS Big Sur 11.5.2)

I can see on your signature that your E7270 is quite the same as mine. Would you please share with me your EFI folder so that I can modify the Platform Info and give it a try?

Thanks!

OK, thank you!
I think I've seen it, but since I'm trying to go the OpenCore way I honestly didn't pay much attention to it. I'm kind of new in the hackintosh world, and the little I've learnt has been on the OC platform, it would really be trying to go beyond my limitations to move to Clover.
Thank you very much for your help.